Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 28, 2012, 03:32 PM   #1
Ellethor
macrumors newbie

iPad Mini - FedEx

I bought a pair of iPad mini and the shiping is for fedex... Based in your experience, How is Fedex in delivering?? it is good?? mediocre?? bad??
Ellethor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:14 PM   #2
bcaslis
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellethor View Post
I bought a pair of iPad mini and the shiping is for fedex... Based in your experience, How is Fedex in delivering?? it is good?? mediocre?? bad??
Mine was very good. Once it was shipped by Apple the delivery date was Friday 11/16. But it was delivered on 11/15 at 9:15am! You can also use the pre-sign form so they will leave it in case you can't get to the door fast enough.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:25 PM   #3
CrAkD
macrumors 68030

i got 2 one fedex one ups. fedex was great early in the morning. ups was all over the place missed it once and the 2nd time it didnt come till 8pm
Old Nov 28, 2012, 04:34 PM   #4
arom
macrumors regular

FedEx is crap! My status shows out for delivery for the past 2 days. Called customer service and was told the driver holds it on the truck until the date of delivery. If he has it on the truck why not just deliver it!?!?!
arom is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Aspasia
macrumors 65816

Probably depends on where you live. I'll take UPS over FedEx in my town any day. FedEx has never managed a morning delivery; UPS always does.

Worse, FedEx tends to deliver between noon and 1 pm. When my office is closed for lunch.

Just wish we were given a choice when ordering from Apple online.
Aspasia is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:03 PM   #6
Medic311
In Time-Out

FedEx is horrendous in my opinion. I would actually prefer to ship something USPS Priority Mail over them.

UPS > USPS > FedEX

they did deliver my Mini 2 business days early, but the way they went about delivery was rather ridiculous. i had off today from work the day before thanksgiving so i was waiting for the guy to come. i hear my dog barking and the front screen door open, then a slight thud, then the sound of the screen door closing. i walked down stairs to see a delivery label on my door and the FedEx guy running back into his truck and driving off. the guy never rang the door bell, never knocked, nothing. just slapped the label on and ran away despite it being obvious that my family is home - the lights were on, 4 cars are in my driveway....i mean what the hell. i thought the goal was to deliver packages, not pretend that they tried.

that is typical FedEx for you.

Last edited by Medic311; Nov 28, 2012 at 07:20 PM.
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:15 PM   #7
Ladybug
macrumors 6502a

I think it really depends on where you live. FedEx here is top notch with earlier delivery times.

FedEx > UPS > USPS

USPS once claimed they left a package at my door, they even sent the mail man back to my house and he pointed out to me exactly where he left it. About 5 mins after he left he returned, then hands me my package. I asked him where he found it, he claimed he got it out of my mailbox. Trouble is, my mailbox is locked and he doesn't have a key. No way he took that out of my box through the mail slot. Sounded shady to me.
Ladybug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Medic311
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug View Post
I think it really depends on where you live. FedEx here is top notch with earlier delivery times.

FedEx > UPS > USPS

USPS once claimed they left a package at my door, they even sent the mail man back to my house and he pointed out to me exactly where he left it. About 5 mins after he left he returned, then hands me my package. I asked him where he found it, he claimed he got it out of my mailbox. Trouble is, my mailbox is locked and he doesn't have a key. No way he took that out of my box through the mail slot. Sounded shady to me.

above isn't my only FedEx horror story. when i got my iPhone 4S, the FedEx driver left the package on my front step despite it requiring a signature. when i got the alert that it was delivered i called Customer Service and filed a complaint with a request for it to be picked up and held at the local hub. i got a call back from the hub manager stating that they don't re-pick up packages once they have been officially delivery and advised that i have a neighbor hold onto the package for me. i reminded her that the package required a signature and the driver ignored that requirement and now FedEx will be liable if it gets stolen. she said "well we'll see if it gets stolen then". i said "no we won't, you will send your driver back now to pick it up and hold it" . she said "i'll send someone over when there is an available truck".

the package sat there for 2 days before a FedEx truck picked it up again.

then another time when i bought a laptop cooling fan, the box was a large flat thin package. the FedEx driver didn't even place the package on my step. i saw him through my living room window, walk onto my lawn (didn't even bother to walk on the walkway) and threw the package like a frisbee right into the bushes on the left side of my front door. then he ran back to his truck and drove off.

this is what FedEx does, over and over again.

UPS has never caused any similar problem and has been absolutely great. i have had my fair share of incidents with the USPS, but all you need to do is be friendly with your local post office and mailman and you'd be surprised how helpful they can be in a case of package mishandling or something of that nature. besides, USPS Priority Mail flat-rate is the best value your money can buy from a shipping perspective. it's amazing what i can fit into a legal flat rate envelope and send it from Pennsylvania to California in 2 1/2 business days for $5.30

Last edited by Medic311; Nov 28, 2012 at 07:41 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:41 PM   #9
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellethor View Post
Asking about other people's FedEx experience is like asking them about the weather where they live and expecting you'll have the same weather where you live.
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:43 PM   #10
bcaslis
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
UPS has never caused any similar problem and has been absolutely great. i have had my fair share of incidents with the USPS, but all you need to do is be friendly with your local post office and mailman and you'd be surprised how helpful they can be in a case of package mishandling or something of that nature. besides, USPS Priority Mail flat-rate is the best value your money can buy from a shipping perspective. it's amazing what i can fit into a legal flat rate envelope and send it from Pennsylvania to California in 2 1/2 business days for $5.30
UPS is terrible where I live, Fedex is way way better here. So it's not universal.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:00 PM   #11
ColdCase
macrumors 68000

Most Fedex Air, Fedex Ground, and UPS drivers are good in our area. Our mailman is pretty good too. But there are a few incompetent drivers regardless of outfit. Wasn't there a driver that could not get his deliveries done in time and instead of bringing the boxes back, he just stashed them in an empty warehouse? Which outfit was that?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:39 PM   #12
mantan
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodeman53 View Post
Asking about other people's FedEx experience is like asking them about the weather where they live and expecting you'll have the same weather where you live.
Exactly. They are a delivery company. Like UPS, the majority of their employees are hard working folks trying their best to get your stuff to you as fast as they can. Occasionally there is a bad apple (no pun intended) or mistake, but it's far and away the exception to the rule.

When I read this post, I thought about my friend who drives for UPS. He talks about how much Fed EX and UPS guys HATE Apple launch days. They don't mind being busy, it's customers trying to get their stuff early, following them around and blaming them if they weren't home to pick up their stuff. He says the week before Christmas is a piece of cake in comparison!

Last edited by mantan; Nov 29, 2012 at 09:08 AM.
mantan is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:55 PM   #13
Medic311
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
UPS is terrible where I live, Fedex is way way better here. So it's not universal.
care to share some examples?
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:25 PM   #14
Ellethor
macrumors newbie

is a little scare to read this comments... Im just waiting for my package and Pray for a good experience with Fedex...
Ellethor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:51 AM   #15
Medic311
In Time-Out

here is another example of a FedEx fail.

i was expecting an apple accessory to deliver today from FedEx. i see on the tracking that it was delivered and left at the front door at 9:20am EST.

not only is there nothing on my front door step, a FedEx truck wasn't at my house at that time either as i was downstairs sitting on the couch in the living room.

i just called them up and they have submitted a request inquiry to the local hub. is the purpose of the delivery trucks to actually deliver packages or just pretend that they do? maybe they are instructed to just drive their route without stopping to save gas, and then take full advantage of the fact that customers want their package that day and will drive to the hub at their own expense and time to get their package
Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:52 AM   #16
bcaslis
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic311 View Post
care to share some examples?
Same ones as yours, they arrive and leave a notice and practically run away without ringing or knocking, said they attempted delivery and never showed up, didn't deliver until 8pm (happened on a delivery just last night from UPS).
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:23 AM   #17
Medic311
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcaslis View Post
Same ones as yours, they arrive and leave a notice and practically run away without ringing or knocking, said they attempted delivery and never showed up, didn't deliver until 8pm (happened on a delivery just last night from UPS).
haha

man it seems we are both cursed by delivery problems from all sides then lol
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:02 AM   #18
kodeman53
Banned

Since threads like this attract more people who have had problems, my experience with both FedEx and UPS have been great. Never a delivery problem, and my iPad Mini was delivered by FedEx a day earlier than the estimated arrival date.
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad