Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Nov 29, 2012, 08:45 AM   #1
JoeBlow74
macrumors regular

TV series not organized in Apple TV but organized in Itunes

Is there a trick to force Apple TV to keep my archived TV series organized according to episode and chronologically? For example, I just archived BSG and added metadata to each episode using MetaX. I edited each episode "BSG S1 episode 1 33" "BSG S1 Episode 2 water" and so on. I also added episode number in the MetaX section along with show and episode name. I selected TV instead of movie so ITunes will organize everything without giving me any crap. BUT, when I search by episode with my Apple TV on the big screen downstairs, half the episodes are out of order. It starts off with episode 10,11,12,1,2,3,4, and so on. Ok, so, is there some trick that forces Apple TV to organize my episodes according g to what is shown in ITunes?
JoeBlow74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:26 AM   #2
PezCore
macrumors member

The fix is simple, you just need to add a 0 (zero) in front of single digit episodes. IE BSG S01 E01
Or
BSG S02 E08

This should fix the sorting issue
PezCore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:30 AM   #3
JoeBlow74
macrumors regular

You are kidding right? I almost freaken pulled my hair out last night trying to make it work. I will give this a shot tonight. Thank you!
JoeBlow74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:15 AM   #4
PezCore
macrumors member

So I just did this for the first season of "American Horror Story" just to test it out.

It works with how I described above but only if on the AppleTV in the TV Shows section you go to the option of sort by "shows" not by date. I even added the original air dates and it sorted them correctly but in descending order. Meaning the most recent(last episode) first but can't change that sorting but again is you sort by SHOW it will sort correctly.
PezCore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:40 PM   #5
xraydoc
macrumors Demi-God

Reboot your AppleTV. If memory serves, I had this problem once. Shows and artwork were all out of order. A reboot fixed it I recall.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater