Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Missmarie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
Hi I was given a phone that had already been jail broken and once I thought I was getting the hang of Cydia I went and deleted BigBossIcons without thinking twice. My phone froze and restarted and Cydia is gone. I'm not sure what to do.
I tried to re jailbreak it with unteathered absinthe 0.4 and it detected my stash and said it was already jail broken.
Then I read online that I can MANUALLY add Cydia through iExplore, that was a bust.

And now I'm considering restoring my phone then rejailbreaking it, however I don't want iTunes to automatically upgrade my software.
Help me out.
I need an easy way out of a hard problem.
iPhone 4s 5.0.1

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Download TinyUmbrella, hook your phone up to it, select it in the left panel, go to AdvancedTab, check the box request SHSH from Cydia, hit the Save button and report back.

Missmarie

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 29, 2012
[/COLOR]Do I start TSS server?

----------

Download TinyUmbrella, hook your phone up to it, select it in the left panel, go to AdvancedTab, check the box request SHSH from Cydia, hit the Save button and report back.
I did it. It was already checked off. I clicked the save button. The window is still open I'm not sure what my next move is?

----------

Thanks do u know what my next move is

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
TSS server off

If Request SHSH from Cydia is checked go back to main page and hit Save SHSH.

Now what SHSH's TU has gotten from Cydia?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.