Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:49 AM   #1
Korican100
macrumors 6502a

Sorry to revive the dead horse, but mini display...

What the heck is going on? I seen the screen and what's the big deal about it? It's fine! The detail in the ipad mini screen equates to the display on a regular computer monitor. Oh my god!

Seriously? Is this what apple customers have come to? Are you seriously that picky, where if you see a pixel, you go on like a screaming red-in-the-face crybaby about it? My god.

Ok so its not retina, but its regular!

The way some of you guys clamor on about it....

...you seriously need to take a look at your lives. Seriously, I feel bad for you guys. You are the guys that are bringing the Apple name down. Just a whiny, spoiled, generation of adult babies. My..God...
Korican100 is offline   18 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:56 AM   #2
ZBoater
macrumors 604

It apparently burns people's eyes. Who knew.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:58 AM   #3
Ayemerica
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korican100 View Post
What the heck is going on? I seen the screen and what's the big deal about it? It's fine! The detail in the ipad mini screen equates to the display on a regular computer monitor. Oh my god!

Seriously? Is this what apple customers have come to? Are you seriously that picky, where if you see a pixel, you go on like a screaming red-in-the-face crybaby about it? My god.

...you seriously need to take a look at your lives. Seriously, I feel bad for you guys. You are the guys that are bringing the Apple name down. Just a whiny, spoiled, generation of adult babies. My..God...
Yes as I am using this my eyes are melting onto my ipad.

All joking aside this display is perfectly fine
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:59 AM   #4
bigboar
macrumors 6502

Quote:

does it really bother you so much that people have a different opinion than you do? Talk about needing to take a look at your life.. I find it ironic that you think it isnt ok for other to express their opinion but you just did the exct same thing....LOL
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:04 PM   #5
mantan
macrumors 65816

Some people like it...some people don't. It seems like both sides are dismissive of people who have a differing opinion. But such is life these days.

Though I do agree by this point everybody knows what the deal is with the screen and just needs to vote with their wallet if they want it or not.
mantan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:05 PM   #6
glhiii
macrumors regular

Changed my mind

I got a white iPad mini, didn't like the display and returned it. Got a Nexus 7. Good display, but too small and Android. Got another mini, black this time, and found the display OK and sold my iPad 3. Anyway, I like the black one better and it also has AT&T. In the end, after experimenting a lot, I decided the weight and size of the Mini make it more usable than the big, heavy, clunky iPad. The screen isn't as good, but it's adequate. Not even sure if I will get an iPad mini retina when (and if) it appears if it's heavier. The size of the Mini is amazing -- it's even lighter than the Nexus 7. As for the speed of the Mini, I think since it has 1/4 the number of pixels of the iPad 3/4, it doesn't need as powerful a processor.
glhiii is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:15 PM   #7
AppleRobert
macrumors 68030

Nice post, OP. Seriously??

I returned it. Send me the Mini and sell it to someone else.
AppleRobert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:17 PM   #8
stuaz
macrumors 6502

Did we really need another thread like this.....

Everyone has different tastes and tolerance levels. Accept it!

(You know that next year when the Retina Mini is released everyone who previously stated they liked the display will claim it is really bad )
stuaz is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:18 PM   #9
AlanKA
macrumors member

I'm going to sell Stevie Wonder glasses outside the Apple store during this Christmas season. Gonna make a killing.

Yeah, everybody has a right to express their opinion. But the dramatic expressions on the eye-killing / headache-producing / blindness-inducing display is just silly.
AlanKA is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:25 PM   #10
mcdj
macrumors 604

Quote:

The fact that you feel your special opinion on this ridiculously overwrought topic warrants its very own special thread outs you in the exact same league as the people your are complaining about complaining. Yawn.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:28 PM   #11
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

You know what. When I saw it a week or so back I couldn't believe that people where making such a big deal about it. The screen was perfectly fine.

I was going to start a thread like you but thought people don't care what I think.

You're right though. Massive over reaction on here.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   6 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:32 PM   #12
Dlanod
macrumors 6502a

I have to confess that when I saw it at first I was pretty disappointed but once you get over the initial reaction it isn't that bad. I'm using a 3G Nexus 7 just now and the screen is definitely better. But the Mini has other strengths. So I have one on order.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:47 PM   #13
BenTrovato
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantan View Post
Some people like it...some people don't. It seems like both sides are dismissive of people who have a differing opinion. But such is life these days.

Though I do agree by this point everybody knows what the deal is with the screen and just needs to vote with their wallet if they want it or not.
Haha it seems like you're a describing a fictional place where everyone can have an opinion and it's okay for people to like different items. Let me know if this place exists, I'd love to check it out.
BenTrovato is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:49 PM   #14
Sowelu
macrumors regular

Youíre no better than all the other whiners on here. And while we are on topic, itís not (just) the lack of retina or low pixel density that make the iPad Miniís display undesirable to some, itís the lack of color vibrancy, contrast and overall brightness - yet most threads just focus on 'retina'. For those with an eye for these things, it looks a bit dingy and blah. Thatís all. Some people love it, some hate it, both opinions should be allowed without all the childish backlash.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:52 PM   #15
steve dave
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowelu View Post
Youíre no better than all the other whiners on here. And while we are on topic, itís not (just) the lack of retina or low pixel density that make the iPad Miniís display undesirable to some, itís the lack of color vibrancy, contrast and overall brightness - yet most threads just focus on 'retina'. For those with an eye for these things, it looks a bit dingy and blah. Thatís all. Some people love it, some hate it, both opinions should be allowed without all the childish backlash.
I don't think there is anyone who loves the ipad mini screen. There are only people to tolerate because it is outweighed by the other aspects of the mini.
steve dave is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:53 PM   #16
RevTEG
macrumors regular

Don't blame the people.. Apple taught us to except retina as the best. That's Apples doing not ours. I bought a mini. Didn't like the screen BUT that's NOT why I returned it. The keyboard was just to small for my personal needs/use. Still using my 3.

To each their own... But don't blame us.. Apple taught us to expect the best.
RevTEG is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:01 PM   #17
Frankied22
macrumors 65816

I think the 512 RAM bothers me more than the lack of retina.
Frankied22 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:06 PM   #18
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dave View Post
I don't think there is anyone who loves the ipad mini screen. There are only people to tolerate because it is outweighed by the other aspects of the mini.
This sums it up perfectly.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:08 PM   #19
bigboar
macrumors 6502

Quote:
perfect answer!
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:09 PM   #20
MrXiro
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankied22 View Post
I think the 512 RAM bothers me more than the lack of retina.
Totally agree with this one. Retina, though noticeable, is very subjective as far as far as acceptance VS loathing. But RAM on the other hand... I'm not enjoying the shortage of RAM.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:16 PM   #21
ZBoater
macrumors 604

Quote:
I love it BECAUSE it enables the smallest and lightest iPad possible.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:25 PM   #22
Nora.
macrumors newbie

I don't get it either. After reading all the complaints about the screen I almost felt bad for choosing the iPad mini, but I saw one in real life again today and I really can't tell the difference between that and the retina display. People should play with it and judge for themselves in case they're worried about the screen not being retina. Don't let all the bleeding eye posts keep you from trying it out.
Nora. is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:28 PM   #23
bova80
macrumors 6502

i laugh at those who call it "terrible" and "awful". must be hell looking at the world through their eyes.
bova80 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:32 PM   #24
darngooddesign
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoater View Post
I love it BECAUSE it enables the smallest and lightest iPad possible.
If the Retina Mini and regular Mini were the same price and absolutely the same except for the screen. This even means the same RAM/GPU somehow driving the screens identically.

With no other drawbacks, you can't expect us to believe that you would choose the current screen, which means you tolerate the current screen because of the other benefits.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:35 PM   #25
eggersj
macrumors 6502

What a great thread OP!!! Thanks for sharing your joyful opinion!!!

I personally thought the iPad 4 was a better fit for my needs so I returned the Mini. The screen was a factor, but not the deciding factor.
eggersj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad