Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterBigMack

macrumors regular
May 23, 2012
Never seen pandemonium like this for a software release

I know its a major iTunes release a piece of software which we all use (I do everyday) but still - I'm sure by next week we'll be like - "oh its nice, back to what I was doing" :D

anyways - come on apple get the rollout going :eek:

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Why the hell would anyone want to upgrade from a good computer OS like SL to an iosx gimmick like lion or mountain lion.
People will remember Snow Leopard and Windows 7 as the last real computer operating systems before microsoft and apple decided to trash their products to cater to the gadget crowd.

Snow Leopard was garbage, but decent for its time...I guess. Using it today is like people still clinging to Windows XP/Vista.

If Lion/ML never came out, there's no way I'd have bought a Mac, I can't fathom the idea of using Snow Leopard on a daily basis.

----------

mini player

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
So, the green traffic light does the same? Or is a different mini player?

if I'm not mistaken, yeah I think it's the same, maybe they're transitioning slowly from the 'traffic lights' controls on the left, to the controls on the right. and maybe eventually switch to the right side, who knows.

Ddyracer

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2009
if I'm not mistaken, yeah I think it's the same, maybe they're transitioning slowly from the 'traffic lights' controls on the left, to the controls on the right. and maybe eventually switch to the right side, who knows.

Wonder how that would work. I guess the red and yellow would be gray on the titlebar?

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 26, 2009
Santiago, Chile
Wonder how that would work. I guess the red and yellow would be gray on the titlebar?

maybe they'll ditch the yellow 'minimize' and just push people to use the 'double click to minimize' option. and replace the red button with the same 'x' that we use to close safari tabs, which only shows up when you get the cursor near it. I'm no photoshop guru, I wish someone would be kind enough to do a quick mockup.

WillFisher

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2011
I can't fathom the idea of using Snow Leopard on a daily basis.

If it wasn't for some of the features and abilities of ML, I would have stayed on Snow Leopard. Lion was awful and ML isn't the best thing ever either.

On Topic, seriously hoping for iTunes 11 today, I just want to try it out and see how it performs.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
Have to agree with Hephaestus, that is by far the most unbelievably stupid comment I've ever seen. Clearly shows you know nothing of Mac and only going for eye candy..

You're the type of person who still uses a VCR because it "works" and you don't need all the "eye candy"

Puh-leez. Get with the program and learn to multitask with the rest of the world. SL is productivity hell.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
itunes

Itunes is one piece of JUNK
I hope they deleted it all and start fresh.
I was always wondering what will happen if they bring out a TV and I have to connect IT to the mega junk Itunes, imagine your tv controlled by this catastrophe.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Itunes is one piece of JUNK
I hope they deleted it all and start fresh.
I was always wondering what will happen if they bring out a TV and I have to connect IT to the mega junk Itunes, imagine your tv controlled by this catastrophe.

Works nicely for me with my 6TB library.

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
So, the green traffic light does the same? Or is a different mini player?

I'd like to see a "dock to the menu" type option, kind of like some of the 3rd party apps like Significator (and even do the same with using the Notification to show currently playing).

Yeah, I used to be really anti-iTunes, especially on Winders©, but when we migrated over the Macs, and I realized how well it worked as a centralized [large] media library solution, my love/hate went from 25/75 to 75/25 :D

Especially with the current state of iOS where iTunes barely has to factor into device management. :cool:

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012

you mean it work nice with music lib and music lib only ( I agree , as this what the iTunes was suppose to do from day 1)
try to connect any of the iOs devices, and tell me what the sync button does, for me it is pure roulette moment, sometimes it work, sometimes it simply delete every thing I have on the device, sometimes it delete some and leave some.

I really love the message: " are you sure you want to sync all the libraries "(when you press the sync button in the app section, very logical I have to admit)

sometimes I look over and over in the about section rub my eyes to make sure this JUNK was made by apple.

I was waiting for the iMAc for a year ( even more)
I am waiting for a new iTunes for 5 years.....

MonkeySee....

macrumors 68040
Sep 24, 2010
UK
you mean it work nice with music lib and music lib only ( I agree , as this what the iTunes was suppose to do from day 1)
try to connect any of the iOs devices, and tell me what the sync button does, for me it is pure roulette moment, sometimes it work, sometimes it simply delete every thing I have on the device, sometimes it delete some and leave some.

I really love the message: " are you sure you want to sync all the libraries "(when you press the sync button in the app section, very logical I have to admit)

sometimes I look over and over in the about section rub my eyes to make sure this JUNK was made by apple.

I was waiting for the iMAc for a year ( even more)
I am waiting for a new iTunes for 5 years.....

I have all my media through iTunes with no issue.

Any issues you have are most likely user error. :p

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
I realy don't use or like 'album or coverflow view' - am more of a list view guy - I hope they enhance that a bit ! it's a database and there is so much more they could do in list view - just sayin'

frozencarbonite

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2006
I realy don't use or like 'album or coverflow view' - am more of a list view guy - I hope they enhance that a bit ! it's a database and there is so much more they could do in list view - just sayin'

Are they getting rid of the list view? I hope not! That's the only way I view iTunes.

bronxred

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2002
Bronx
iTunes Match

Can't wait to see how it's going to magically fix iTunes Match so it recognizes all of my tunes! It's going to magically fix it, right?

:confused:

Jungo

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2007
Are they getting rid of the list view? I hope not! That's the only way I view iTunes.

They do show list view in that last key note - but didn't offer many details of changes or right click (2 tap) options. - I am always in list view - I can fathom scrolling through miles of icons.

Glassed Silver

macrumors 68020
Mar 10, 2007
Kassel, Germany
Just let me stream my iTunes library to my iPhone/iPad (outside of my Wi-Fi network) and I'll be a happy camper!

EDIT - I mean my TV shows and movies :) ... and yes, I know there're 3rd party solutions for this.

Really, is there?
Because DRM'd stuff won't get streamed by anything and to add to it the play marker won't get updated in iTunes, which is a big annoyance especially with TV shows.

I have the same need as you apparently. :D

Also, but I don't ever expect this to happen: I'd love to natively share my friends outside the network.

Right now I'm thinking about setting up a VPN for AirDrop, iTunes HomeShares and a few other things for friends.
Although I heard HomeShares don't play nicely with VPNs (read: don't work)...
Anyone with experience in that?

Glassed Silver:mac

Doombringer

macrumors regular
Feb 13, 2012

Boy, I'd love to see this. I hate the traffic light.

The whole OS needs to strip out these goofy elements, and ditching the red/yellow/green would be a big step in the right direction.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.