Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
Honestly it doesn't look bad to me. Reminds me when I had a 3G/S I used to like the back getting hair scratches almost immediately, thought it was a nice wear use. Mine was flawless out the box, unlike others getting scuffed right out the box.

Took these with my old iPhone 4.

Attachments

• la foto 1.JPG
    la foto 1.JPG
    393.5 KB · Views: 1,718
  • la foto 2.JPG
    la foto 2.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 1,436
  • la foto 4.JPG
    la foto 4.JPG
    361 KB · Views: 1,372
  • la foto.JPG
    la foto.JPG
    364.6 KB · Views: 1,153
Last edited:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Neato. Just another pic and post about an owner who is actually using their phone instead of treating it like a newborn baby.

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Given that my black iP5 still looks flawless as day one despite handling it no differently from my past iPhones (naked too), yours has the defective anodized coating. If you want to call this "nice wear" after only 2 months that's your prerogative.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
Given that my black iP5 still looks flawless as day one despite handling it no differently from my past iPhones (naked too), yours has the defective anodized coating. If you want to call this "nice wear" after only 2 months that's your prerogative.

Doesn't seem like I'm the only one who agrees with this, you probably treat yours like a baby. I place mine anywhere. In two months this definitely can be caused, even days. I'm sure you've seen scuffed threads as soon as the iPhone was released. I don't think its " defective anodized coating"

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Sounds like everyone who has scratched phones is trying to justify it to themselves. Personally not my taste. Black looks sexy when all black.

AAPLinc

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2012
Hollywood, CA
I dont see a beautiful slate black iPhone 5, I see a scratched up slate black iPhone 5.

I agree with most here, I dont think it looks good. And this makes me nervous to get rid of my 4S next fall when I can upgrade.

If I do get the 5S, it's immediately being covered by a protective skin and slapped into a case forever.

I understand that Apple has amazing looking products, they really do have some of the best hardware. But I think making a phone aluminum and making the aluminum susceptible to scratches is sort of annoying. You can still have a great looking phone without compromising it's durability and beauty (iPhone 4/4S)

I like the glass, despite it having the ability to crack, I can easily replace the back for 10$.

mikeydeezy

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2010
MN, USA
Dude I'm all about positivity as much as possible but the OP and the first few replies feel like serious over-compensating for the fact our beloved iPhone sheds color like hair.

johndallas999

macrumors 6502a
Oct 9, 2008
Seattle
Sorry dude but I think you're in denial if you think that looks better than a mint phone. Although you may in fact be the perfect Apple consumer, satisfied no matter what so long as there is an Apple logo on it. :D

JayLenochiniMac

macrumors G5
Nov 7, 2007
New Sanfrakota
Doesn't seem like I'm the only one who agrees with this, you probably treat yours like a baby. I place mine anywhere. In two months this definitely can be caused, even days. I'm sure you've seen scuffed threads as soon as the iPhone was released. I don't think its " defective anodized coating"

I do not treat mine any differently from past iPhones, including placing it naked on tables. Most of the scuffed threads involve predamaged iP5. A few members have tried to get the store models to scratch to no avail, and even taken videos of it. The normal anodized coating doesn't scratch that easily.

TsuaSai

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2006
TX
Sorry dude but I think you're in denial if you think that looks better than a mint phone. Although you may in fact be the perfect Apple consumer, satisfied no matter what so long as there is an Apple logo on it. :D

He's probably really going to love it if he drops it and shatters the screen or bends it.

GeorgieAcevedo

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 12, 2012
New York City
Dude I'm all about positivity as much as possible but the OP and the first few replies feel like serious over-compensating for the fact our beloved iPhone sheds color like hair.

AGAIN I can go to apple and easily, very very easily can get a exchange for a "perfect" one and keep it "perfect" with a case. But I don't want to do that. I actually like my iPhone like this.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.