Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wphan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Hi, guys I just got an iPhone 5 with at&t but I can't use the service till dec 7th because I'm taking over my sister line and that's when she get home. My question is that can I borrow my friends iPhone 5 sim that in service with at&t to active mine without harming either of our devices or line. Once I active it I will take the sim and give it back to him and use the iPhone 5 as a wifi device till the 7th. Then on the 7th I will put in my mini sim and take over my sister line. Will I run into any issues doing this?

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
Hi, guys I just got an iPhone 5 with at&t but I can't use the service till dec 7th because I'm taking over my sister line and that's when she get home. My question is that can I borrow my friends iPhone 5 sim that in service with at&t to active mine without harming either of our devices or line. Once I active it I will take the sim and give it back to him and use the iPhone 5 as a wifi device till the 7th. Then on the 7th I will put in my mini sim and take over my sister line. Will I run into any issues doing this?

I don't think you'll run into any issues doing this. It'd be kinda like going to an Apple store, getting a replacement phone, activating it only to find an issue right then and there, getting another replacement, and then activating that one and leaving the store with it.

wphan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
So when I'm ready to use my sim I would just call up At&t to activate it?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.