Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

monokitty

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 16, 2011
I'm not well versed in OS X Server, so I'd like some help on setting up a local Software Update server. I have a 2012 Mac mini 2.3 Quad-Core Server running OS X 10.8.1 Server. The Mac mini has a static IP and under the Server application, I have the local Software Update turned on, and all the updates have been downloaded and are enabled. Now, how do I get the client machines on the same local network to point to the locally installed Software Update server?

mwhities

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2011
Mississippi
I'm not well versed in OS X Server, so I'd like some help on setting up a local Software Update server. I have a 2012 Mac mini 2.3 Quad-Core Server running OS X 10.8.1 Server. The Mac mini has a static IP and under the Server application, I have the local Software Update turned on, and all the updates have been downloaded and are enabled. Now, how do I get the client machines on the same local network to point to the locally installed Software Update server?

This should guide you through setting them up.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4069

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.