Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:33 PM   #1
Georeader
macrumors newbie

Georeader Smartphone app- Reads Historical Markers to you when you Drive by them

Hi folks. I like learning about history when I travel and was always frustrated when I drove around, saw a roadside marker, and I couldn't read it. I decided to solve this problem. I create an app called Georeader that reads to you out loud these markers to you when you drive by them. This is all done hands free so you can drive safely. You just launch the app and it does all the work, when you are within range of a marker in its database, the app will speak aloud the text assigned to that maker as you approach it. I included over 120,000 historical points of interest as a start, many states have almost all their roadside markers in database collection. There is also much information to hear in Europe now. Knowing this is still not enough, I wanted everyone to be able to contribute. So I made it that you can make your own points and place them anywhere in the world via the website. Go to that place and you hear your message. I wanted people to be able to make tours of their village, town, school, even backyard! Its all free to a make tour anywhere, just make an account. The app is right now just 99 cents.
The website is http://www.mygeoreader.com.

Please go check the site out, surf around on map on the website to see what is in your area. Hope you like it. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks
Dave
Creator Georeader
Georeader is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps