Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harry20larry

macrumors 6502a
Aug 14, 2008
Good news for people who don't like change, you can essentially customise the interface back to how it was by viewing the side bar and the status bar

q64ceo

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2010
Its decent. I wish it stood by the OS X colors, but I bet there will be a hack soon for that.

tey112

macrumors member
Mar 30, 2011
Clicking "Watch Tutorials" and "Learn More" on that Welcome screen brings you to webpages that don't exist. Seems like iTunes was pushed before the rest were ready. Either that, or they were not expecting anyone to actually click those.

Yep. And with the "Learn More" when it asks if you want to share your info with apple.

.... And it won't download updates to apps. :(

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
Freaking huge download for Snow Leopard... :eek:

Gonna take 10 mins for a slow connection...

Attachments

• iTunes 11.png
    iTunes 11.png
    96.3 KB · Views: 117

Macs In LA

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2008
Still waiting for more iCloud

I have 102,000 songs in my library. iTunes in the Cloud still limits you to 25,000. Amazon Cloud Player has a limit of 250,000 songs.

When will iTunes move to 250,000?

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I'd like to see a similar iTunes in the Cloud feature where I could purchase a show or movie on my iPhone without having to download it locally and then later watch it on my Apple TV. I don't have enough space on my phone to download full HD videos, otherwise I'd just download them, delete them, and then go about my day. Not a necessity but it would be nice, I think.

Oh I agree. That has to be next for iOS 7. It only seems logical.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Meh bored of this already...back to Spotify.

x2. When will the major companies realize this? EVERY one of my main facebook friends use Spotify. This iTunes update was cool, 5 mins later, it's closed and I'm running Spotify. Thx.

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
New "Home Video" category (finally) to separate actual films and, well, home videos.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
Still doesn't fix the bug I've been complaining about for 2 years now. Each update I contact them to let them know it still hasn't been fixed, they ask for details, I provide them with everything they want, but never a fix.

New interface isn't bad. Don't like the store shortcut buttons on my music. Very Microsoft move that. "This song is yours, but click here to buy more like it!" - no thanks.

Don't like the iCloud column either. It'll take a while to go through all my playlists removing it.

Actually I don't like this interface. It's harder to see if you have any apps that need updating. Genre view doesn't have a list format (if you have lots of genres it's annoying to have to scroll through a huge list).
Can we install the old iTunes?

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
Sometimes we Apple buyers are just too damn narrow minded... The possibility to queue has been there in Spotify and Sonos since years (almost decades). All Apples does is not fantastic and great news, sometimes just getting up to date. More so nowadays than a few years ago.

Except Spotify or Sonos isn't managing my multi-GB media library that's shared across all the devices on our home network and via the cloud.

I've used Media Monkey, Song Bird, WinAMP, etc., etc., and those apps have had features that iTunes lacked as well, they just didn't provide the seamless integration I wanted.

My point was: it's a great feature, glad to see it on iTunes :)

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Oh, good. In a week or 2, I'll download it.

Seems flawless for me. No glitches, fast (on a 5.5-year old MPB). No real need to wait unless your work depends on iTunes somehow.

My only request is that Genius works iCloud-hosted music. It doesn't seem to. I don't store my music locally, so that means that I can't use Genius. Too bad.

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
That was fast.

Yeah had a play with it, but to be perfectly honest it just feels like they rehashed the UI, and it's not even followed the OS X UI design, it's got some really odd and inconsistent gradients.

It was going to take more than a code cleanup and a few very minute features to make be go back to iTunes.

Plus iTunes has no real 'shuffle' it's by no means random at all and never has been - this pissed me off to no end when it would loop the same 200 or so songs, ignoring the rest of my library.

Winamp 3 is still the best audio player ever built :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.