Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
i especially love the view of tv shows and movies. almost seems like i'm taking a look from inside the store

2quhpw8.png

Last edited by a moderator:

haravikk

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2005
So… what do we lose with this update?
I'm installing now but for some reason it's taking ages to download, but I'm keeping the previous version on hand. Hoping for a genuine improvement in terms of functionality; while I would like an app that ties in better with the rest of the system, I don't exactly expect it from iTunes anymore, just as long as it's actually good at playing music it'll hopefully be an improvement over the current version which somehow manages to make everything more difficult than it needs to be!

arbogast777

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2010
Would I be correct in saying that in order to stream instead of having to download movie purchases to my iPad I'm going to have to wait for a new iOS update?

Greg McBride

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2007
OMFG... Installing 10.7 back :mad: This ***** is simple as the iPad version :eek: :confused:

If you would spend more than 15 minutes with it, you'd realize that iTunes 11 has settings that will make it look and operate pretty much like iTunes 10.7…with the added benefit of running quicker and with more features.

parish

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
Certainly an improvement, much cleaner, but I can't figure out how to get it to display songs in my preferred format.

I used to have it set to list, with always show album artwork checked so it displayed the artwork in the left-hand column which made it easy to see each album.

The new version doesn't appear to have an option to do this, so you just get one great big list making it harder to find albums at a quick glance.

Have I missed it, or has this feature/option disappeared?

EDIT Just found it. You need to click the Artist button - duh!

iphone495

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2012
Tutorial is Broken

Looks like the Tutorials window is broken.:apple:

2qtvpuc.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
I really like the Home Movies section, now I can separate my feature films from my random videos I want to watch on Air Play to my tv.

A couple of my Movie "thumbnails" are not showing up. It might have something to do with the files not actually being on my Mac (I have them stored on an external HDD), but other movies that are also not on my Mac show up, so weird.

Greg McBride

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2007
WiFi Sycing

I've only used iTunes 11 for a few minutes, but I'm pleased so far with the WiFi syncing of my iOS devices. It finally seems to be working!

J.Dillinger

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2010
Clicking "Watch Tutorials" and "Learn More" on that Welcome screen brings you to webpages that don't exist. Seems like iTunes was pushed before the rest were ready. Either that, or they were not expecting anyone to actually click those.

Agree with "early". The itunes site is still showing 10.7 but the download is for 11.

Mac32

Suspended
Nov 20, 2010
Hmm, search function doesn't work very well at all, takes a loooong time to load after writing in the first letter in the search window.

How can we have a viewing mode with large covers? I've spent a lot of time to have HQ cover pictures, now they're pretty much wasted.

I could get into a couple of other issues.. but anyway.. Ootherwise, a very good facelift. But Apple always messes up some a few things with every new iTunes release. They just don't think all things properly through from a practical viewpoint. But over all, the best iTunes release so far.

Last edited:

zen

macrumors 68000
Jun 26, 2003
Amazes me people are so trigger happy in upgrading to such a substantial update / overhaul. Think I'll hold off for a few days to see if there are any issues.

Meh, it's only iTunes. Hardly the control software for a nuclear power plant.

AnTaR3s

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2011
Vienna
Great new interface but please let me make the artwork bigger...TV shows and movie stuff is ridiculously small!!!

bushido

Suspended
Mar 26, 2008
Germany
A couple of my Movie "thumbnails" are not showing up. It might have something to do with the files not actually being on my Mac (I have them stored on an external HDD), but other movies that are also not on my Mac show up, so weird.

thats not new tho, this always happens to me. drives me up the freakin roof.
i'm sure once u click on one of those files that arent on your computer but do show artwork, itll disappear as well

Icaras

macrumors 603
Mar 18, 2008
I really like the Home Movies section, now I can separate my feature films from my random videos I want to watch on Air Play to my tv.

Yea I totally agree. The home videos idea is excellent. This will help me organize and consolidate all my movies into iTunes now. Very convenient.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.