Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:39 PM   #276
HurryKayne
macrumors 6502a

Will i be (ever ) able to order BTO 27 in a "phisical" store?
HurryKayne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:01 PM   #277
ngenerator
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurryKayne View Post
Will i be (ever ) able to order BTO 27 in a "phisical" store?
Yep, all the computers and iDevices have Safari, on which you can order a BTO computer for delivery or pickup at an Apple store. Some stores carry BTO models, however that's different from store to store.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:06 PM   #278
BunnyBusiness
macrumors newbie

Will the new iMacs be in Apple Stores tomorrow?

Will the new iMacs be in Apple Retail Stores tomorrow? I was expecting to see some news or rumors like 'iMacs arriving in retail stores for tomorrow's release', but I haven't seen anything. I don't remember any previous launches for Macs and when the Macs actually arrived in the store.
BunnyBusiness is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:47 PM   #279
lizardofwoz
macrumors regular

I don't know what you are all fussing about... The new iMacs are wonderful.

Just think... probable overheating... the superdrive removed... but they are THIN. What more could you want? THIN. Essential for a desktop machine.

If Apple had a brief flash of their old brilliance they would re-release the external writer with bluray capability and USB 3.

Don't hold your breath.

iMac, insanely LATE
lizardofwoz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:13 PM   #280
steve119
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchoffa View Post
I just called Apple business sales to check after seeing the locked thread in the iMac section. I was just told by a rep that they were told the 27" wouldn't be available to order until December, so they don't expect to be able to take orders for them tomorrow.
That will probably be for the business sales side of things
steve119 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:45 AM   #281
Wobby
macrumors newbie

Only a few hours to go, or apple lied!

For weeks now the Apple store has been claiming a November release here in Australia and with only 6 hours left for that to be accurate, they had better hurry up. That could mean the release is only hours away now, or for the past month, Apple has been falsely advertising a November release for the 21.5 in model in Australia. Who knows any more. Apple doesn't exactly have a good track record with the Australian market and telling the truth!
Wobby is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:02 AM   #282
Confuzzzed
macrumors 68000

Anyone well versed on motherboard architecture can have a peek at some early tear-down pictures on

http://www.kodawarisan.com/k2012_02/...c_aeaaa_2.html
Confuzzzed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:27 AM   #283
the8thark
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightarchaon View Post
1, the Wii was SD, running modified gamecube hardware, its was a late comer to the party, a Gamecube + if you will, to the Xbox, PS2 , Dreamcast, Gamecube era,
Internals wise you are correct. But the new part was the control scheme. it was one of the first with that. It seems we disagree as to what generation the Wii was in.

Quote:
And the Wii U is the last to the party for this Xbox 360 and PS3 era
As above. I disagree here. Does nintendo usually give it's consoles less internal specs then the competition? Yes. But that has nothing to do with what is in what gen. Last gen was 3 consoles. Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3. 2 were HD and one was SD.

Quote:
a 2nd screen on your lap doesn't, it distracts, it makes you have to look away and re-focus attention, not fun, one of the reasons no one bothered to use the feature when the PSP and PS3 rolled it out years ago.
Not fun for you. I used it at the Australian launch 2 days ago. And it was a little confusing at first. But I'm sure in time I'll get it (if and when I get a WiiU and it'll be fun.

Quote:
Apple TV + a decent remote could easily be a cheap console, to compete directly with the market Nintendo are going after , the causal gamers who want gimmicks rather than decent games
I agree about the Apple TV comment. It feels just made for this. But 3rd party will have to do this. As Apple don't (and in my opinion shouldn't) lead the Apple gaming scene. They should let the others lead it like on the iOS.

And casual games want short bursts of fun. And they get it in the ways they want to. Crazy gimmicks have nothing to do with this. Nintendo are trying to get every segment of the gaming market, casuals to hard gamers as you already know but didn't say here. The issue was the Wii didn't have the internals to get ports of the famous more in depth games. But it does now.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion