Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Stuke00

macrumors 68000
Oct 11, 2011
Collinsville,IL
Thank you! I agree, I stay with Pandora only because it doesn't force Facebook integration.

I don't even use iTunes b/c it's pointless to try to keep an up to date music library. Streaming services allow the best way to discover and always here new artists.

:apple:

Spotify doesn't force facebook, you can sign up with just your email address

https://www.spotify.com/us/signup/plain/?promo=1

Simplicated

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2008
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
why is the icon so ****ing ugly?

This gave me nostalgic feelings.

trends2010-floppy-2.jpg

Last edited:

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
This. The prevalent Helvetica is starting to appear in all new Apple OS X apps, namely iPhoto, Final Cut Pro X, and now iTunes. Don't get me wrong, I think Helvetica is gorgeous, but now it's overused.

There is a reason. Helvetica is better for retina displays than lucida grande. I expect lucida grande's names are numbered, and helvetica will be the system font like in iOS.

From daring fireball:

In fact, if anything falls down on the software side, it’s Lucida Grande, Mac OS X’s system font. It was a stellar choice by Apple in 2001 and has served ably for more than a decade, primarily because it renders so crisply through Apple’s anti-aliasing algorithms.1 In short, Lucida Grande renders better than most fonts on pre-retina displays. But on the retina MacBook Pro, it looks like what it is: a font optimized for low-resolution displays. There’s a reason you seldom see Lucida Grande used in print.2

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
Why is it streaming music? I deleted all of my music months ago. This music is physcially not on my harddrive.

I don't have iTunes Match.

UyONw.png

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
If you make it into the small player its right there, i dont know about on the full player

Gees. Apple made such a big deal out of the small version of the player, but how is this before and after an improvement? I see way more info and controls in the before image. :confused:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.21.42 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 12.21.42 PM.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 1,725
  • Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 11.40.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-11-29 at 11.40.27 AM.png
    37.2 KB · Views: 57

quickmac

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2011
Why is iTunes DJ missing?

What a disappointment.

Where are all the major changes? All I see is they sharpened some corners, took away options, and made it less organized.

And where is iTunes DJ?

And where is Cover Flow?

jonnyb098

macrumors 601
Nov 16, 2010
Michigan
Yes. yes I was. Because PowerPC is a precious thing that Apple should honour until the day the company dies.

And don't tell me a Quad 2.5GHz G5 can't handle iTunes 11...that is a load of crap. The thing is still a beast of a computer. Apple is simply too lazy to code for 6-year old hardware that they don't sell anymore, so they drop support.

Why doesn't Mac OS X run on my Centris???!?!?!?!??!?! Lazy Apple.

Using a 6 year old computer is not exactly common in the mac world so users should get over that fact. Also certain things that they are coding are probably just not possible to do without newer software architecture (Mac OS 10.6 , 10.7, 10.8) which is not supported on Power PC machines.

Nethan

macrumors member
Oct 3, 2012
Idaho
I'm just sitting here, Safari and Macrumors on one monitor, iTunes 11 on the other, laughing and enjoying the show.

Love the new iTunes.

N10248

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
Essex, U.K.
Album art in List View? (not artist view as you can't sort by album)

Like everything lately, the last one was better.

BigMcGuire

Cancelled
Jan 10, 2012
Why do major companies need to realize this? Many people WON'T use Spotify because of the Facebook integration.

Yes, this - and that's why I didn't join till that requirement was tossed. You can turn all that stuff off even if you use a facebook login. I too dislike facebook.

Zwhaler

macrumors 604
Jun 10, 2006
I want the old Icon back!!! It's ugly and I don't want it in my dock anymore. I installed, noticed on MR front page the new Icon and thought I hope it doesn't actually change mine and once I clicked open iTunes now its gone and the new one is there :mad:

TheRainKing

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2012
Gees. Apple made such a big deal out of the small version of the player, but how is this before and after an improvement? I see way more info and controls in the before image. :confused:

It helps if you actually have a song playing...

quickmac

macrumors 6502
Feb 22, 2011
Why doesn't Mac OS X run on my Centris???!?!?!?!??!?! Lazy Apple.

Using a 6 year old computer is not exactly common in the mac world so users should get over that fact. Also certain things that they are coding are probably just not possible to do without newer software architecture (Mac OS 10.6 , 10.7, 10.8) which is not supported on Power PC machines.

Actually it is quite common. Ever go out to a coffee shop, go into a library, or go into a college? There are plenty of old Mac laptops still in service. The other poster is right, Apple is just getting lazy.

Jon1323

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
Louisville, Ky
Its fine, I liked the black background better than the white and the ability to change the cover art size in album view but i'll get used to it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.