Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:39 PM   #1
itunesdowngrade
macrumors newbie

How To Downgrade from iTunes 11 to iTunes 10.7? Please help

Hey,

I just wanted to try the new iTunes 11 but really don't like it.

So I first installed it, then moved it to the trash and re-installed iTunes 10.7 I just downloaded from Apple's servers (yes, you can download it).

I then copied the old iTunes folder (I backupped it before upgrading to iTunes 11) located at /Users/NAME/Music/iTunes.

Then I started it, but iTunes now shows an Error every time I start iTunes (10.7): "An unknown error occured -42408".

I searched the internet and found a lot of threads and tried everything what could fix the problem, but nothing helped.

I even can't sync the iPad with 10.7 anymore, it shows an error something like: "You have to restore the iPad". With iTunes 11 all works, and before installing iTunes 11 everything worked with iTunes 10.7 aswell.

I can't autohorize / deauthorize the computer with iTunes 10.7 (I read something about this on the internet, that the error code is related to this).
Then I get the following error: "Your request at the iTunes store can not be completeted. Error 42408" (sorry, had to translate this from German).

Can you please help or try it yourself?

Thank you so much!
itunesdowngrade is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store