Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

parish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
Well, at least not its height.

I push it up against the menu bar, and resize it downwards until it's just above the Dock, but if I exit and restart it, it has reverted to its original height. The top is in the same place, but the bottom edge has moved back to where it started.

Corrupt plist file perhaps?

lawlist

macrumors member
May 19, 2010
I am experiencing this with a number of different applications, and am ready to go back to Snow Leopard -- window position, window size, save as window, insert file window, . . . . utterly frustrating. I deleted all my user preference files and that didn't fix it.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Well, at least not its height.

I push it up against the menu bar, and resize it downwards until it's just above the Dock, but if I exit and restart it, it has reverted to its original height. The top is in the same place, but the bottom edge has moved back to where it started.

Corrupt plist file perhaps?
Delete all support files and restart your Mac.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
Thanks, but can you elaborate on "all support files" please?

In user/library/preferences you will find at least two safari pref files, delete those. Then in user/library you will see a folder named Safari delete this folder, back up your bookmarks or remove them first, restart your mac and then test.

parish

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 14, 2009
Wilts., UK
Did it work?

Not really. What happens now is I set the size then each time I open Safari the window is slightly taller than before (by about the height of the status bar) until it is the full height of the screen.

Jeez, can't believe this. :rolleyes:

EDIT I seem to have fixed it. I normally have a standard set of a dozen or so tabs always open (which open every time I start Safari). So I opened a new window, closed the original, quit, then restarted (so it started a single page open). This appears to have fixed it as I have quit and restarted several times and it now retains the window size - even now I've re-opened my standard tabs.

Last edited:

iwan073

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2011
The Netherlands
EDIT I seem to have fixed it. I normally have a standard set of a dozen or so tabs always open (which open every time I start Safari). So I opened a new window, closed the original, quit, then restarted (so it started a single page open). This appears to have fixed it as I have quit and restarted several times and it now retains the window size - even now I've re-opened my standard tabs.

So now it remembers the window size for you?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.