Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rprebel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Where the bluebonnets bloom
iTunes 11 has removed the release dates from the search results, and now I have no idea which albums are new releases. Does anybody know how to get them back, assuming it's even possible? Here's why this is a problem. I listen to Vocaloid music. More specifically, Megurine Luka music (GUMI and IA too). When you do a search for Megurine Luka, you get a list of songs and albums from dozens of artists. That's fine; that's what should happen. Where they went wrong is with the release dates. If you want to see which albums (out of hundreds) are new, you look at the release dates...which are now gone.

Ideas?

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
iTunes 11 has removed the release dates from the search results, and now I have no idea which albums are new releases. Does anybody know how to get them back, assuming it's even possible? Here's why this is a problem. I listen to Vocaloid music. More specifically, Megurine Luka music (GUMI and IA too). When you do a search for Megurine Luka, you get a list of songs and albums from dozens of artists. That's fine; that's what should happen. Where they went wrong is with the release dates. If you want to see which albums (out of hundreds) are new, you look at the release dates...which are now gone.

Ideas?

Is this what you're seeing:

BH0a.jpg

I think the store is buggy right now. That's not how it's supposed to look. I'd wait a little bit for them to fix the rendering/formatting and see if it's still missing.

rprebel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 22, 2010
Where the bluebonnets bloom
I think the store is buggy right now. That's not how it's supposed to look. I'd wait a little bit for them to fix the rendering/formatting and see if it's still missing.

Good point. Patience, then.

To answer your question, no. This is what I'm seeing. Until now, the release dates were (I believe) under the artist name. It was a very handy feature.

wr03p.jpg

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
this is totally ridiculous that we cant search for he most recent albums from our favourite artists. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.