Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 10:31 AM   #51
njean777
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlost6 View Post
Of course it's going to be slow. When there are better alternatives like HSPA+ and not saying you but to some that experienced HSPA+ and returned to Verizon's 3G speeds. You will definitely complain and say Verizon is slow. I rather have slow data speeds and more coverage than spotty coverage and faster data speeds.
The whole point is that he was on Verizon with a iphone 5 with LTE, then he went back to his 4s with only 3g. This wasn't about ATT vs Verizon in the first place. He was always on Verizon. Why switch from LTE to 3g, when the data speeds on verizon for their 3g is way slower then their LTE speeds? Not to mention you still get their great coverage.
njean777 is offline   1
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:08 AM   #52
smellysox8
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgeekster View Post
When I posted this I didn't think so many people would get so involved and state childish things; it's just a phone, people.
It's the nature of this forum. This place is one of the most hostile forums I ever have been to. Probably becuase everyone is unhappy with their inferior product.
smellysox8 is offline   2
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:03 PM   #53
VandyChem2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smellysox8 View Post
It's the nature of this forum. This place is one of the most hostile forums I ever have been to. Probably becuase everyone is unhappy with their inferior product.
Right....
VandyChem2009 is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:20 PM   #54
rmhop81
macrumors 68020

Quote:
or maybe it's newbies that say poop every 5 seconds and always end with ROFL
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:50 PM   #55
pnoyblazed
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenchiliman View Post
And in other threads we have people returning 10, 15, 20 iphones because they weren't perfect...wow
this thread also.. first world problems
pnoyblazed is offline   1
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:55 PM   #56
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

I had a 4s for a year before getting my 5 last week. On Verizon as well. I don't know how anyone could dislike this... I'm getting 44mbps down and 18mbps up and getting about the same battery life with my 5 that I did with my 4s. Full day's use about 20% of battery life. (yes 2 days = 50% battery usage for me) Yeah, I'm probably a light user, but that's me. Probably helps I work and live within short range sight of a Verizon tower.

No quirks with the phone at all or the camera. The UI is very obviously faster than the 4s (which I thought was fast).

?! I don't get these posts, especially by new posters... I'm kinda a tech fan - I've used Android for 3 years, rooted weekly, worked with rom developers, help family using every type of phone.... iPhone is a winner hardware wise and that's why I use it. The UI doesn't crash every 5 seconds and does what I want without me having to root it or what not. The battery lasts forever. That's why Apple has my $.
BigMcGuire is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2012, 01:58 PM   #57
NT1440
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macgeekster View Post
So today I finally got annoyed enough with my Verizon iPhone 5 that I returned it. Yes, it's thinner and lighter as well as with LTE thus a faster web browsing experience, but it has its quirks also.
The battery life was not even as good as my almost 2 yr old iPhone 4.
May it be the iOS update, but for the last week and a half the phone would freeze randomly and the camera occasionally went nuts.
So I went back to my iPhone 4. Maybe I will look into the next iPhone release, but unfortunately this wasn't it.- I know, I may be the only one :/
It sounds like you're unhappy with a defective phone you got, why didn't you just get it replaced with one that wasn't before assuming that experience is the standard for the iPhone 5?
NT1440 is offline   1
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:01 PM   #58
BigMcGuire
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I was driven to the forums with my 3 years in the Android world because I wanted to fix what was broken, which led me to rooting, rom'ing every week, and eventually helping beta test new rom crap.

As an iPhone user, I enjoy my phone so much - now that I can actually USE it and not tweak it so I can use it - that I'm driven to forums to learn more about it and see other people's experiences with it. That said, versus the Android forums, Apple users are generally a lot more hostile than I've experienced with Android users. Android users spend a lot of time helping each other (just look at the rom forums...). Ask a technical question here and prepare to get grilled to death.

Why?

Because I think people get a lot more attached to their iPhone and it becomes a religion like experience for them. People have to like it or there's something wrong with the person. That's my opinion. Apologies if that pisses off Apple Fans but, I can say I'm an Apple fan myself - 2011 Macbook Air, Apple TV, iPhone 5, converted entire family to iPhone from Android last year as well as many friends.

That said, I miss the technical Android forum talk (Bugless Beast on Droid 1 was AWESOME) that I used to be very involved in.
BigMcGuire is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2012, 02:07 PM   #59
rmhop81
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMcGuire View Post
I was driven to the forums with my 3 years in the Android world because I wanted to fix what was broken, which led me to rooting, rom'ing every week, and eventually helping beta test new rom crap.

As an iPhone user, I enjoy my phone so much - now that I can actually USE it and not tweak it so I can use it - that I'm driven to forums to learn more about it and see other people's experiences with it. That said, versus the Android forums, Apple users are generally a lot more hostile than I've experienced with Android users. Android users spend a lot of time helping each other (just look at the rom forums...). Ask a technical question here and prepare to get grilled to death.

Why?

Because I think people get a lot more attached to their iPhone and it becomes a religion like experience for them. People have to like it or there's something wrong with the person. That's my opinion. Apologies if that pisses off Apple Fans but, I can say I'm an Apple fan myself - 2011 Macbook Air, Apple TV, iPhone 5, converted entire family to iPhone from Android last year as well as many friends.

That said, I miss the technical Android forum talk (Bugless Beast on Droid 1 was AWESOME) that I used to be very involved in.
android sites talk about what they can technically do with the phones. This site as of lately, nothing but newbies that come in and complain about something that they end up getting replaced anyways.

or you get the usual, do you keep your phone on silent while you're in a meeting and at what point do you turn your ringer back on?!? let's make a poll!

Lately, this has become more of a place for people to complain instead of actually asking a question where people can help out.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:18 PM   #60
Steevie
Banned

I really think you should have gotten it checked out before returning it. I havent had any issues with mine
Steevie is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:49 PM   #61
smellysox8
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
or maybe it's newbies that say poop every 5 seconds and always end with ROFL
Back to name calling, huh? Run out of lousy arguments?
smellysox8 is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:53 PM   #62
Nale72
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmhop81 View Post
Lately, this has become more of a place for people to complain instead of actually asking a question where people can help out.
When I got my first Android phone i signed up for some Android forums and now when I got the iPhone 5 i signed up here and on a few other forums. Isn't one of the things these forums is here for being able to air good or bad things you have experienced to see if it's normal or if it's a fix for it?

You say that the complaining has escaleated as of lately. That wouldn't be around the time the iPhone 5 released by any chance? Could it be that the iPhone 5 has not reached the very high expectations that new and old Apple users have on Apple products and that Apple themselves has done as much as possible before the release to hype the quality and finish even more than usual?
Nale72 is offline   1
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:30 AM   #63
stridemat

MOD NOTE

Temporarily closed.

On second thoughts, I think this thread has run it's course.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland