Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xgman

macrumors 603
Aug 6, 2007
Would it really kill Apple to simply tell us what time to check in? :mad:

Siderz

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
9am in New Zealand but still no sign of being able to order a new iMac on their Apple Store. So it looks like it isn't from 9am local time...

I really hope it's 10AM PST, then it'd be 6PM GMT and I'll be in the best mood to click as fast as I can.

bflowers

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2006
I keep wondering if it is a global release. Surely Australia and New Zealand folks will be getting first crack at it just like the iPhone. I keep waiting for some of them to chime in and share the news.

vannibombonato

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2007
By late afternoon US time we should know

I live in Italy.
According to Apple, tomorrow morning (12 hours from now local time) we should be able to pick up a 21'' in an Apple Store. Same goes for the rest of the world.

Assuming that you can order via web if you can buy in-store, which seems logical to me, i would expect on-line orders/pre-orders (27'') to show up in a few hours in the Australian Apple website, at the same time people over there can get up and pick one up in-store.
I think it would be strange for Apple to have their on-line store out-of-date for a full shopping day, which is what would happen if they opened the on-line stores at 9/10AM Friday Cupertino time.

Net, i'm screwed :) in setting up my alarm clock to ring later this night and check-out the Aussie/Italian store to see if anything has shown up: i want to purchase a BTO 27'' and it's pretty safe to assume that stocks will be very low and shipping dates will quickly shift to Jan at best. That is, hoping that the 27'' will be available for pre-order, which seems a reasonable assumption to me, knowing that it will be probably simply say "shipping in December".

One thing for all the people out there shouting at how Apple is mad at being so late: i hope you all realize that they are for sure much more angry than us in missing so big the Christmas Holidays. Obviously something went wrong down the production line, but they're certainly not enjoying it anymore than we do...and yes, these things would have happened also with Steve on board.

Overg

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2012
I wonder how high is the demand for 27 " iMac
After all this is not some gadget.
It is one of apple most expensive tech.
Found it hard to believe it will fly off the shelves like iPhone.

mazakii

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
I really hope it's 10AM PST, then it'd be 6PM GMT and I'll be in the best mood to click as fast as I can.

Nooo, please not 6PM GMT. Don't want to wait in front of a computer refreshing web page whilst everybody goes out and drink.

Imacmatches

macrumors newbie
Oct 31, 2012
Australia
Not Looking Good for Aussie Release

I keep wondering if it is a global release. Surely Australia and New Zealand folks will be getting first crack at it just like the iPhone. I keep waiting for some of them to chime in and share the news.

0645 local time (CST) and still not able to order of Aussie Apple Store. Not happy Tim:(

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Nooo, please not 6PM GMT. Don't want to wait in front of a computer refreshing web page whilst everybody goes out and drink.

+1

I want to get the Abode CS6 student and teacher bundle with my iMac (saving another £60) but it needs to be ordered over the phone with the education store... and I think that needs to be between 9am and 5pm Mon-Fri. So if we can't pre-order before 5pm tomorrow, the next opportunity will be 9am Monday:mad:

vannibombonato

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2007
I wonder how high is the demand for 27 " iMac
After all this is not some gadget.
It is one of apple most expensive tech.
Found it hard to believe it will fly off the shelves like iPhone.

The absolute numbers will obviously be very very different than an i.gadget, but for sure there are tons of people out there waiting for the 27''.

It's the only option for pros/semipros and everyone is been waiting very, very long. Add to that the fact that MacPros are totally out-of-date, supplies will be low, it's Christmas time, it's still an Apple new gadget, the design is very average consumer-appealing, and i think we'll see 27'' imacs shipping mid Jan if we're lucky by the end of the first day.

masp84

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2008
Well you can still cal it November....., hope they don't FAIL to deliver at least a pre order tomorrow. It'll be a fun day whether they do it or not for sure. btw what's the deal with iOS6 not having youtube or flash support? sorry to go off topic

mazakii

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2012
+1

I want to get the Abode CS6 student and teacher bundle with my iMac (saving another £60) but it needs to be ordered over the phone with the education store... and I think that needs to be between 9am and 5pm Mon-Fri. So if we can't pre-order before 5pm tomorrow, the next opportunity will be 9am Monday:mad:

They might be gone by monday.
I'm thinking stock will last for 2 hours after release, just like the iPad mini.

Good luck to all!

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
Well you can still cal it November....., hope they don't FAIL to deliver at least a pre order tomorrow. It'll be a fun day whether they do it or not for sure. btw what's the deal with iOS6 not having youtube or flash support? sorry to go off topic

iOS6 doesn't have Youtube support?!! When did this happen! I'd better stop watching Youtube videos on my iOS6-running iPhone right away!

;)

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Would it really kill Apple to simply tell us what time to check in? :mad:

I know it is incredibly annoying. I don't know why they were so vague in their press release. It can't be because they are trying to stop the website from crashing because they regularly give a specific time for iPhone availability which would attract a lot more traffic than a Mac launch. Who knows.

Midgar777

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2010
Excited!

Soo after reading all of this thread...I'm going to try refreshing the store after midnight tonight (UK time). If there's nothing by about 00:30 then ill go to bed...I'll try again at 08:00 in the morning and again at 09:00 when I get to work!

I'm still torn between the 21.5 inch high end with the fusion drive upgrade (which I'm estimating about £1099 + £160 = £1259) or the low end 27 inch with the fusion drive upgrade (estimated £1249 + £160 = £1409). I've subbed to CS6 creative cloud and all I'm using it for is creating apps and website / design work - surely more screen space for £200 extra is worth it?

What do you guys think?

Please note that these prices are estimates based on an edu discount as I work at a university!

Good luck everyone!

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
Soo after reading all of this thread...I'm going to try refreshing the store after midnight tonight (UK time). If there's nothing by about 00:30 then ill go to bed...I'll try again at 08:00 in the morning and again at 09:00 when I get to work!

I'm still torn between the 21.5 inch high end with the fusion drive upgrade (which I'm estimating about £1099 + £160 = £1259) or the low end 27 inch with the fusion drive upgrade (estimated £1249 + £160 = £1409). I've subbed to CS6 creative cloud and all I'm using it for is creating apps and website / design work - surely more screen space for £200 extra is worth it?

What do you guys think?

Please note that these prices are estimates based on an edu discount as I work at a university!

Good luck everyone!

Make sure you buy via your campus network! The three year (free) warranty
is awesome.

I will be logging in via VPN if the store updates while I'm home, otherwise I'll just do it from the lab when I get in on Friday, assuming it happens during the day.

Midgar777

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2010
Make sure you buy via your campus network! The three year (free) warranty
is awesome.

I will be logging in via VPN if the store updates while I'm home, otherwise I'll just do it from the lab when I get in on Friday, assuming it happens during the day.

Good shout buddy...is the 3 year warranty applicable to all UK education purchases? I've heard nothing about that if so!

I've got a VPN account too because I work in the web team so I need access to certain systems from home. I really hope it works from home...I guess I could try it now because cheaper prices show online at the moment anyway (I checked at work earlier today :D)

I'll post back to confirm ;)!

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK

What do you guys think?

Good luck everyone!

Another university lecturer here...

Well I'm off to bed now, so expect the Apple Store to go down for updating soon:rolleyes:

I will check online tomorrow morning, but plan to place my order via phone as soon as I can tomorrow (to get the CS6 bundle price and the 3 year repair coverage).

I'm after a maxed out 27 inch (3.4GHz i7, 680 MX, 768GB SSD but just 8GB ram) which, with CS6 Design Standard will be about £2830 with the edu discount.

mtchairs

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2007
Available now in Sydney George St store

Just spoke directly to the Sydney George st store and the guy told me that they have limited quantities of the 2.7 and 2.9ghz models available to buy. Couldn't tell me anything about when online orders would be available. Stuck at work now otherwise I'd go and check them out in person.

smr

macrumors 6502a
Sep 14, 2007
Shropshire, UK
Just spoke directly to the Sydney George st store and the guy told me that they have limited quantities of the 2.7 and 2.9ghz models available to buy. Couldn't tell me anything about when online orders would be available. Stuck at work now otherwise I'd go and check them out in person.

Excellent!!! So they are finally on sale!!! This should be front page news - this is MACrumors after all;)

Megagator

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2010
USA
Any ideas of when Amazon will start selling the 21" models? Are they even authorized Mac resellers? Tryin' to evade some sales tax :D ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.