Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:12 PM   #1
drgrafix
macrumors regular

Book reading database app?

While I have a couple hundred hardcover books, I have become a Library junkie in my golden years. Rather than buy, I just borrow and read on average roughly 35-40 books a year. My library used to have a reading history function in its online program but recently they upgraded to a new program and it is not known when they will incorporate a "Books Read" function.

There are dozens of book apps for the iPhone, but I don't want to go nuts trying out all of them to find something that meets my requirements:

1. I'd like to catalog all my personal books by title, author, etc..
2. I'd like to catalog all books I've already read by title, author, date and be able to cross-reference or search all fields.
3. If possible, I'd like an app that will search local libraries for books I'd like to read using my C/W Mars account from my iPhone.
4. I'd like to keep a list going of books I'd like to read by author, title, etc..
5. If possible, I'd like an app that allows me to rate a book and possibly write a review for the record.
6. It'd be neat if I could include a brief synopsis of the book in my catalog details.
7. Not a big deal, but if I loan a book out to someone, I want to remember who has it.

Thanks... Mike

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps