Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
Can't you just cancel a pre-order?...though I suppose its a hassle when they place a "hold" on your money then take 10 working days to get it back to you.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
you can return it, or refuse delivery when it arrives.

i'll just wait till Wednesday, screw it, its not a big deal.

definitely unimpressed with apple though.

nwlondonlad

macrumors 65816
Sep 20, 2007
UK London
You mean iPad 4, not Mini?...

Nope Mini Black. Called a few Apple stores last night and they said they would have them in stock as from this morning. Took a chance and walked in, was a queue of about 10.

Attachments

• IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2445.JPG
    IMG_2445.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_2449.JPG
    IMG_2449.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 66
  • IMG_2450.JPG
    IMG_2450.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_2442.JPG
    IMG_2442.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
The option to cancel on mine went a few days ago when they took the money from my account.

Not sure what I'll do, probably wait and see. I'm not anally retentive re: qc but that silver ding is really big and noticeable. I'm back in Manc at 2pm anyway, I may nip back into the Apple store and exchange it if they've still got my model in. I don't mind signs of wear and tear through usage, I go caseless (bar Smart Cover) with everything. Thing is though, my iPhone 5 is still mint with no special treatment from me, so ideally Id like to start from the same point with the mini and see what happens.

First time I've seen a mini in the flesh, lays to rest any fears I have about the screen. Sure, it's a clear downgrade from my 3rd gen and iPhone, but for what I'll be using it for it'll serve. Egads I love the form factor!

Last edited:

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
The option to cancel on mine went a few days ago when they took the money from my account.

Not sure what I'll do, probably wait and see. I'm not anally retentive re: qc but that silver ding is really big and noticeable. I'm back in Manc at 2pm anyway, I may nip back into the Apple store and exchange it if they've still got my model in.

First time I've seen a mini in the flesh, lays to rest any fears I have about the screen. Sure, it's a clear downgrade from my 3rd gen and iPhone, but for what I'll be using it for it'll serve. Egads I love the form factor!

I may troop around the London stores tomorrow and see if I get lucky.

I think taking into account what a few have said, opening to check in store maybe a worthwhile thing to do in case of quality issues.

Pinksteady

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2008
I've got the day off but waiting for Sky engineers to come, once they've been I am going to Covent Garden and getting one! Screw the pre-order!

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
I think taking into account what a few have said, opening to check in store maybe a worthwhile thing to do in case of quality issues.

Definitely. The ding screams out at me on mine, it's so noticeable I spotted through the plastic cover the moment I took the lid off. A little speck I could tolerate, but this looks like slight gouge with a coin. I'd take a pic but its all wrapped up again now and I'm at work.

I'm hopeful they'll still have replacements for mine in stock at two, can't imagine 64gb LTE will be flying off the shelves. Hey, I'm a spendthrift :)

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Appalling photography (taken in a rush on a wobbly moving train built 30 years ago) but here's my ding. Probably looks LAUGHABLY minor to you chaps, but that's through the plastic packaging cover, it really shines at you when it's naked.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 85

CD3660

macrumors 603
Jun 6, 2007
Cheshire, United Kingdom.
Appalling photography (taken in a rush on a wobbly moving train built 30 years ago) but here's my ding. Probably looks LAUGHABLY minor to you chaps, but that's through the plastic packaging cover, it really shines at you when it's naked.

Nothing laughable about that. The device cost you several hundred pounds after all!

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Nothing laughable about that. The device cost you several hundred pounds after all!

Yeah, agreed.

Unrelated to qc issues, few pages back, someone said this was a botched launch. At the time I disagreed, arguing that if we get them "late Nov" as promised, it's hardly ideal, but not a botch. Given that they're now in store, it's practically December and a lot of preorders are still a week away....I smell botch.

WynterB

macrumors member
Mar 17, 2012
Managed to pick up a 64GB LTE from Covent Garden this morning. Pre-order will be returned when it bothers to turn up.

I'm lucky I had the day off, because if I had been at work and not able to pick one up today and had to wait until late next week despite preordering on day one, then I would feel pretty annoyed.

Good luck to anyone else that is in a position to get one, and hope everyone else's preorders arrive super quick

ItsWelshy

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2012
Thought my one had a nick, turned out to be glue.

Really impressed with it! So glad I canceled my order on the off chance that I'd get one in store.

Brighton still have loads in stock!

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
On a separate note, do any of you use insurance?

As ill be taking this out of the house a lot more, it would be good if I had a bit of protection. Looked at protectyourbubble which was 6 quid a month including loss, seems a bit much though.

Dlanod

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2008
UK
None in Scotland it seems yet.

Actually the Buchanan St Store has two 32gb blacks.

----------

Ordered mine on 20th November. Now had the shipping notice. White 16GB cellular. Delivery by 7th December. TNT.

thecork

macrumors member
Jul 25, 2012
Just picked up 32gb black lte from Meadowhall, they had all apart from 16gb apparently they sold out in minutes. Will take my pre-order back when it arrives next week, I'm too impatient!!

dmercer

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
White Minis in Covent Garden

Does anyone know the stock availability in Covent Garden as I can't get through in the phone?

I'm looking for a white 32GB Cellular mini.

Till732

macrumors newbie
Feb 17, 2011
Has anyone tried the Trafford Centre? or Cheshire area?

Getting itchy fingers flogged my iPad mid October, Sheer murder living with the kids without one. :mad:

yegon

macrumors 68040
Oct 20, 2007
Swapped by dinger. Apple dude didn't mind, he agreed it was a bit naff. Fun times shortly :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.