Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 29, 2012, 09:24 PM   #1
boneskid1
macrumors member

help with some external screen config with my powerbook g4

ok so long story short i have a 17" powerbook g4 that is hooked up to an external display and it works just fine expect one thing......... the display itself is having issues and for the first 5 or so minutes the screen flashes and i think this i due to a bad capacitor. but if there is some way in which i can put the powerbook to sleep and keep a screen saver running on the external screen so it would have continuous power to it. if this cant be achieved i might just see if i can get the g4 to go into the screen saver and have it displayed on the other screen.

if you can help i would really appreciate it, but i still need to check out the capacitors

Thanks ahead of time,
Boneskid1
boneskid1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:29 AM   #2
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
Set your Mac not to sleep and use a screen saver. There are a number of good one's out there other than the defaults. I use a flipclock screensaver called Fliqlo.

My screen is at least doing something useful when it's off.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:16 AM   #3
crewkid89
macrumors regular

I don't know if this would help but you could try running it in Closed Clamshell Mode.
crewkid89 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 02:31 PM   #4
boneskid1
macrumors member

i dont want to run it in clam shell because i want both screens
i will try the sleep suggestion
boneskid1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs