Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:36 AM   #1
dsmush
macrumors newbie

WordPress write permissions problems

Hi I'm having problems with WordPress on localhost on my Mac. When I try to install a plugin it says it is downloading and unpacking then I get Could not create directory. I got around this by just doing it manually which worked fine but I now have a problem with a particular plugin as it says the xxxxx directory is not writable by your webserver. I'm assuming that this and the plugin issue is all down to write permissions in the OS but when I get info on the folder (Me), admin and everyone all have r+w permissions.
Also I'm not sure if it is related but my Terminal name reads unknown-a1:1a:aa:a1:11:11:~ Name$ and when I try to cd to XAMPP it responds no such file or directory I can cd into Applications folder but the ls command doesn't even work in that folder either.

I've been trying to figure this out for a day or two now If someone is able to help me with this that would be great.
Thanks
dsmush is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Web Design and Development