Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:46 AM   #1
TC400
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to TC400
Is it me or is iCloud ****?

I've made important calendar events on my Mac why aren't they on my iPhone? Set up a reminder on my iPhone its not on my iMac? Am I doing something wrong or is iCloud just a flop? Some things seem to work only when they want too like photo-stream. iMessages doesn't sync together very well. I have a conversation on my iPhone go back to my iMac it days old never picks up. Any help would be appreciated?
TC400 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Krazy Bill
Banned

It's just you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC400 View Post
Am I doing something wrong or is iCloud just a flop?
I'll go with the former.

Do you have all the iCloud toggles enabled for these apps?
Krazy Bill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:43 AM   #3
bogatyr
macrumors 65816

Are you sure you're using the same account and have opted into all those programs on both the iMac and phone? Also make sure you're on the latest version of all their OSes.

For me, my iMessages, reminders, notes, app data and calendar all show up across my rMBP, iPhone 5 and iPad Mini. All three systems run the latest version of their respective OSes as well. I've had 0 issues with anything sync'ing.
bogatyr is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:49 PM   #4
TC400
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to TC400
Well I looked at my calendar app and everything looks to be set up ok! I then looked at iMessages I did not have my cell phone number set up to it that may explain why iMessages weren't coming on there. Turns out I didn't have Calendar and Reminders turned on in system preferences whoops! Lets see if that fixed it!
TC400 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 10:38 PM   #5
mmomega
macrumors Demi-God

Sometimes it can be as easy as turning the switch off and back on or signing out of iCloud on the phone and back in.

Worth a try, has worked for me in the past.
3x AEBS 802.11ac, JetStream Gigabit, 5x AppleTV
mmomega is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 5, 2012, 02:50 PM   #6
LarsenR
macrumors newbie

As far as I can tell icloud functionality is problematic to say the least. Everything worked fine for me in August but by the time Apple started rolling out ios 6 their icloud went haywire. FWIW icloud now works well for the basic ios content (notes, calendar, contacts etc) but is completely non-functional for the iwork suite. Sadly, this known issue is not being addressed adequately and the instore Geniuses have been clueless with regards to this issue. Never a good sign when the "geniuses" are clearly less informed and capable than the customer seeking assistance....

So yeah, AFAIC icloud stinks and does not live up to the promises/hype. I'm getting the distinct impression that Apple knows this and is playing "pay no attention to the man behind the cloud...."
LarsenR is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services