Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grnamin

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2010
What is on the inside to protect the phone's bezel? Are there rubber "bumpers" between the phone and the case?

Can someone post pics of the interior of the sector 5?

Here you go:
sector%205%20open-XL.jpg

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
Looks to be silver.

Looks like first edition. Spacers are black, not clear.

So far:

FE: Grey with black spacers and black screws
SE: Grey or silver with clear spacers or black with black spacers, all with plain screws
BO: Black with amber spacers and black screws

ECUpirate44

macrumors 603
Mar 22, 2010
NC
Looks like first edition. Spacers are black, not clear.

So far:

FE: Grey with black spacers and black screws
SE: Grey or silver with clear spacers or black with black spacers, all with plain screws
BO: Black with amber spacers and black screws

Ah yes, you're correct.

trdspectacoma

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010
I don't understand why they wouldn't use black screws on the black case, they have them readily available.

to be honest I don't know why either, it is like having a nice clean polished black car and having white specks of polish that you can't take off.

I also sent an email to them about size. but they probably would not want to tell me. they would not give me a answer on why they used silver.

Partridge

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2007
to be honest I don't know why either, it is like having a nice clean polished black car and having white specks of polish that you can't take off.

I also sent an email to them about size. but they probably would not want to tell me. they would not give me a answer on why they used silver.

I can guess. First of all, some people like contrast for the industrial look. Much more likely, however, is that this leaves it open for them do an "Ultra stealth black elite" version later.

Sora

macrumors 6502
Oct 23, 2007
New York, NY
The FE and the SE gun metal is the SAME color and finish....

This is posted by Element on their official facebook page : "he color of the anodizing on a Sector 5 FE and Sector 5 SE in Gun Metal are the same. The difference is that the corner links are black on the FE and there is no FE logo on the inside of the SE"

I can confirm that this is indeed true. I contacted them today via phone to check on my order and clarify the difference between the FE and SE.

My order has now shipped (11/29), ordered on 11/7. I have fedex information, but it still is stuck on "initiated".

swervinsuburban

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2012
I can confirm that this is indeed true. I contacted them today via phone to check on my order and clarify the difference between the FE and SE.

My order has now shipped (11/29), ordered on 11/7. I have fedex information, but it still is stuck on "initiated".

My black one is still in initiated also, shipped on the 29th and I had a 26th starting ship date, but doesn't seem like FedEx has even picked it up yet

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Well i had a 11/29 ship date
but i just got emailed telling me i was bumped to Dec 3rd ship date

the order process is annoying.

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010

Bakakage

macrumors 6502
Jun 18, 2009
Mine just came in today. The trunket front wood skin texture feel is gonna take some time to get used to, but I think it goes too well with the black sector 5 to remove it. Sorry for the low quality shots, I don't have the dslr with me so I had to make the best use of lighting and an ipod 4g.

u8oAd.jpg
YVk3q.jpg
NC0Ks.jpg
iCSSS.jpg
paNz9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bloodninj4

macrumors member
Apr 6, 2010
Mine just came in today. The trunket front wood skin texture feel is gonna take some time to get used to, but I think it goes too well with the black sector 5 to remove it. Sorry for the low quality shots, I don't have the dslr with me so I had to make the best use of lighting and an ipod 4g.

very nice

those corners for the sector 5 look black even though i keep seeing that they are suppose to be clear. i suppose its just surrounded by all the black it looks that way.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I hate to bring this up but has anyone noticed a small scratch or a sort of non uniform finish with glossy highlights on the flat or satin finish. I know this sounds like the OCD complaints about the phone itself referred to as scuff gate. This is a very expensive case. Are they coming out basically flawless or with minor imperfections?

In other words do these cases have scratches or finish problems out of the box like mine.

Last edited:

Kenjichaz808

macrumors newbie
Nov 21, 2012
Thanks. If anyone can do an update after a week to see if it is scratching the phone's bezel, I would greatly appreciate it!

Hey if you're worried bout the chamfered edges scratching get the skin from digiskins. I just got mine and it covers 100% of the phone. even the bezel... its a super bitch to put on but once its on... damn is it sexy and it covers EVERYTHING... best skin on the market its a shame no one really knows about them. Ill probably do a review to help these guys out.

archrider

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I hate to bring this up but has anyone noticed a small scratch or a sort of non uniform finish with glossy highlights on the flat or satin finish. I know this sounds like the OCD complaints about the phone itself referred to as scuff gate. This is a very expensive case. Are they coming out basically flawless or with minor imperfections?

In other words do these cases have scratches or finish problems out of the box like mine.

I guess since I've received no replies, no one has received one of theses cases (Sector 5) with any damage , scratches, blemishes out of the box, truly remarkable. Of course maybe I haven't waited long enough.

fskywalker

macrumors 65816
Nov 6, 2009
I bought two FE's and later re-sell them to fund my forth coming blackops :D and both were perfect.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.