Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:52 AM   #1
FortWorthMac
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the parched earth of North Texas
3rd party scanner software?

Hello all,

Anyone know if there is any 3rd party software available for using an Epson scanner? The default software leads ALOT to be desired. No sure there is such an animal or not.

Thanks
FortWorthMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:07 AM   #2
flynz4
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortWorthMac View Post
Hello all,

Anyone know if there is any 3rd party software available for using an Epson scanner? The default software leads ALOT to be desired. No sure there is such an animal or not.

Thanks
Check our VueScan... which supports just about everything. There is a very extensive list of supported scanners... and you can try to SW out before buying (if I remember right).

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:27 PM   #3
FortWorthMac
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: the parched earth of North Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynz4 View Post
Check our VueScan... which supports just about everything. There is a very extensive list of supported scanners... and you can try to SW out before buying (if I remember right).

/Jim
Thanks Jim, I'll try that today.

Regards
David
FortWorthMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 12:45 PM   #4
fhall1
macrumors 68020
 
fhall1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: NY State of mind
+1 for Vuescan
__________________
2012 2.3GHz i7 Mini, 16GB RAM; 2009 2.93 GHz C2D iMac, 8GB RAM, GT120 GPU
1.83 GHz CD Mini, 2GB RAM, 200GB HD; 1.25 GHz 17" G4 iMac, 2GB RAM, 128GB SSD
64GB Silver iPhone 5s, 64GB White iPad Air
fhall1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:30 PM   #5
chriscl
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Nottingham, England
Another vote for VueScan, it works with virtually every scanner out there, you can get a thirty-day trial version to test it (scanned photos have watermarks).

I used the trial version once and bought it immediately, it's that useful.

It's breathed new life in to my seven-year old Canon scanner that Canon had given up developing software for; with VueScan, it works perfectly.
__________________
Chris
some stuff with an logo on them.
chriscl is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 01:37 PM   #6
flynz4
macrumors 68040
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscl View Post
Another vote for VueScan, it works with virtually every scanner out there, you can get a thirty-day trial version to test it (scanned photos have watermarks).

I used the trial version once and bought it immediately, it's that useful.

It's breathed new life in to my seven-year old Canon scanner that Canon had given up developing software for; with VueScan, it works perfectly.
In my case... it saved my butt on a now discontinued $1500 Slide/Negative scanner from Nikon. It was better than the software Nikon originally shipped... so it would have been good to use even if Nikon will still supporting it.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Has anyone tried these 3rd party offerings? iRoRo iOS 7 2 Nov 26, 2013 08:33 PM
Will memory compression work on 3rd party software? Time Less OS X Mavericks (10.9) 3 Oct 22, 2013 04:06 PM
3rd party backup software? fullsmoke iOS 6 1 Jan 29, 2013 07:28 PM
3rd Party Display Calibration Software? shmerls Mac Peripherals 0 Jul 31, 2012 03:19 PM
RightZoom-style FullScreen without 3rd-party software? Let's Sekuhara! OS X 0 Jun 5, 2012 05:37 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC