Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
After all of the staring and admiring, I would get iStat or Temperature Monitor and see how hot mine runs.

Except I'm not getting one...:(

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I'm going to inspect it thoroughly for any defect or blemish. Then when I'm satisfied I will set it up. As this is my first Mac I'll be bringing a lot of files over from my PC (probably via a separate hard drive).
Lastly learn how to use it so I can show the wife and daughter.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I'm going to inspect it thoroughly for any defect or blemish. Then when I'm satisfied I will set it up. As this is my first Mac I'll be bringing a lot of files over from my PC (probably via a separate hard drive).

That is wonderful - hope the family enjoys the world of Mac.

Arman

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2008
SoCal

Give it to my 2 year old to toss around a bit. ;)

Load Aperture, 1Password, Mint, iWorks. Then Bootcamp, Windows 7, work programs.

----------

1. Put in my 32gigs of ram
2. Install windows
3. Watch solitaire fly...

Where are u planning to pickup your 32GB sticks from?

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012

You aren't a true Apple Fanboy until you've owned your own Mac. Just wait a week or 2, and then you can make that claim. :D

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
That is wonderful - hope the family enjoys the world of Mac.

I hope so too. We love all our iOS devices so this is the next step for us. I picked up a TC on Black Friday as well so I'm pretty committed to the cause!
My daughter has Aspergers and loves spending hours on the PC. She is very creative so I hope this helps her develope her skills.

----------

You aren't a true Apple Fanboy until you've owned your own Mac. Just wait a week or 2, and then you can make that claim. :D

My bank balance says different! Big spending year this one!

BSoares

macrumors 6502
Jun 22, 2012
USA
I will insert a new CD I got, open iTunes and start ripping... Oh wait! Can't do that... jk

Will add the extra RAM and worry about using migration assistant or trying to manually move all my stuff over.

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012

Uhhh, did I miss something . . . Apple FanBoy needs to learn how to use a Mac??

*St-ank Bl-are into Bl-ind M-own

Edit: sorry, I'm not trying to troll you or make you look dumb with that comment. It is just really hard for me to understand how it is that some people don't know how to use a Mac. It's just because I've owned macs (and pcs) since my Macintosh 128k (and apple IIcx before that).

No offense intended. Stoked to hear you are making the big switch.

Last edited:

js09

macrumors member
Sep 17, 2010
redtube of course. the upgraded display on the imac is going to make for a great user experience

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Uhhh, did I miss something . . . Apple FanBoy needs to learn how to use a Mac??

*St-ank Bl-are into Bl-ind M-own

Hay it's my first one! I've been PC user since I can remember. With 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, 3 iPods, Apple TV and a Timecapsule I think I qualify for the title Apple fanboy! I have to admit though I will feel more legit on here as a proper Mac user. It's been a long wait but it's nearly over!

THOPMedia

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2012
redtube of course. the upgraded display on the imac is going to make for a great user experience

Gross.

Seriously.

----------

Hay it's my first one! I've been PC user since I can remember. With 2 iPhones, 2 iPads, 3 iPods, Apple TV and a Timecapsule I think I qualify for the title Apple fanboy! I have to admit though I will feel more legit on here as a proper Mac user. It's been a long wait but it's nearly over!
good on you mate. Also see my edit above.

torana355

macrumors 68040
Dec 8, 2009
Sydney, Australia
Copy over my 2TB of media and install all my apps and see how well fusion actually works. If it does not work very well i will disable fusion and use the ssd for OSX and W7 and the 3TB drive for data.

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
First I will give it a name. Maybe Bob or Lisa. Then I will have a serious talk about boys with Lisa (or Jim, not sure yet really) and explain the meaning of life. I will make a point out of telling her (or Walter), how one has to find their own path and figure out what matters most (kinda like a Bill Cosby approach). After that I will dive into a lengthy monologue about my favorite movies and TV shows and possibly take a minute to express my political opinion on the current state of affairs in New Zealand or Central Africa (depending on the name of computer, obviously).

That's pretty much it, nothing special I guess.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
Edit: sorry, I'm not trying to troll you or make you look dumb with that comment. It is just really hard for me to understand how it is that some people don't know how to use a Mac. It's just because I've owned macs (and pcs) since my Macintosh 128k (and apple IIcx before that).

No offense intended. Stoked to hear you are making the big switch.

It's okay I don't get easily offended! I have read lots on here and the Apple website so I think I'll be okay. If I get stuck with anything I'll know where to come and ask. As I understand it, it's about unlearning your windows habits. I'm not planning to go down the windows partition route unless I have to. 16 days to go!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.