Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Tim Cook will be the center of a feature on NBC's Rock Center news show next week, the first major interview the CEO has given. Steve Jobs was famously camera shy, preferring to let Apple's products speak for themselves.

In this brief preview, Williams notes that Tim Cook was able to walk around Grand Central Station unrecognized until he got to the Apple Store there.

The full show will air on NBC next Thursday, December 6th.

Article Link: Tim Cook to Be Profiled on NBC's Rock Center with Brian Williams Next Week

procrastinasn

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
[url=http://cdn.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png]Image[/url]

Tim Cook will be the center of a feature on NBC's Rock Center news show next week, the first major interview the CEO has given. Steve Jobs was famously camera shy, preferring to let Apple's products speak for themselves.

In this brief preview, Williams notes that Tim Cook was able to walk around Grand Central Station unrecognized until he got to the Apple Store there.

The full show will air on NBC next Thursday, December 6th.

Article Link: Tim Cook to Be Profiled on NBC's Rock Center with Brian Williams Next Week

Steve was camera shy? Since when?

MonstaMash

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
Since when did anyone treat Steve Jobs like a rockstar? I think NBC's commentary is a bit off.

I am excited to see what Mr. Cook has to say. I feel like he really has a pulse on Apple, and his steady-hand execution has been a huge benefit to the company.

May 8, 2008
Yeah, maybe camera shy isn't the right choice of words. But he rarely spoke, if ever, spoke about his personal life - or about himself- when giving interviews. It was always about the products and values...

Except for that whole book thing towards the end.

tctony

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2009
That show is pretty awful. Williams has no clue about technology. His interview with Zuckerberg was cringe-worthy.

May 8, 2008
That was for his kids.

Right. :rolleyes:

Let's pretend he can't talk to them for a moment and that he wanted Isaacson to record his life for them. Why publish the thing? Lord knows his family needed the money to live a meager existence after his passing.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
wish I ran into him and ask him where the flack the mac pros are and if they still care about there pro users.

bkushner

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
Right. :rolleyes:

Let's pretend he can't talk to them for a moment and that he wanted Isaacson to record his life for them. Why publish the thing? Lord knows his family needed the money to live a meager existence after his passing.
Why so mad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.