Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Roadtrippers, an online road trip planner, recently launched an iOS app. It's considered a companion app to the main website (roadtrippers.com) at the moment, but updates coming soon will include local discovery and adding places to the map. The app is basically Google Maps meets Yelp/Urbanspoon/local tourism websites, and works with iOS 6's Maps for navigation.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I work for Roadtrippers, but post here quite a bit and wanted to simply share it with the MR community. Let me know if you guys have any problems or issues, and enjoy!

UPDATE: it's soon going to include local discovery, for finding places around you while on the road.

Last edited:

gpcovenant

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2010
I love this thing. Best and most polished trip planning app I have found.

One question, when is the iPad app coming?

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
I love this thing. Best and most polished trip planning app I have found.

One question, when is the iPad app coming?

Soon! The website works very well on the iPad, so feel free to check it out on a mobile browser.

We have some big upgrades to the iOS app coming, including an update to the interface and inclusion of more features that can be found on the site. The iPad version will be following soon after.

Stay tuned :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.