Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
It's amazing how down to earth Steve, and Tim are compared to most other CEOS. One of the more amazing things about Apple.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
haha wow, nobody recognized tim cook.

Based on the video clip, no one recognized Brian Williams either, even though he appears in front of millions of people every night, unlike Tim Cook.

I'm pretty sure the moral of the story is that a bunch of busy travelers aren't going to look twice at a couple of guys who look like businessmen walking through the terminal to catch a train.

Michael Scrip

macrumors 604
Mar 4, 2011
NC
Based on the video clip, no one recognized Brian Williams either, even though he appears in front of millions of people every night, unlike Tim Cook.

I'm pretty sure the moral of the story is that a bunch of busy travelers aren't going to look twice at a couple of guys who look like businessmen walking through the terminal to catch a train.

You'd think they'd notice the camera crew, lights, etc...

AmazingRobie

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2009
In this brief preview, Williams notes that Tim Cook was able to walk around Grand Central Station unrecognized until he got to the Apple Store there.

That will come in handy once Apple implodes, since Cook's poor management will be the reason Apple fails... I give Apple 1-2 years more, then they'll be be just like every other tech company today, without any outstanding products... Screw Apple.. Like they've screwed their customers...

Verbatim Cookie

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
In this brief preview, Williams notes that Tim Cook was able to walk around Grand Central Station unrecognized until he got to the Apple Store there.
I didn't watch the clip; did Williams call it Grand Central Station? It's Grand Central Terminal. Grand Central Station is the name of a subway stop and a post office.
lol cable 'news'
:confused: NBC is a broadcast network.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
It's likely Tim will remain unkown to the vast general public. While he is a very competent executive, he is no Steve Jobs.

nfl46

macrumors G3
Oct 5, 2008
It seems like it will be a good interview.

----------

I hope that Brian Williams asks about Tim's husband/partner/boyfriends.

To not ask would be "dereliction of duty" as a journalist.

Lmao. I doubt he'll ask that. I think it's obvious but no one says anything.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004

What if Tim is a modest and respectable person who doesn't want to flaunt his private life in public? ;)

budselectjr

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
Minnesota

Its New York City. If it doesn't involve them personally they don't care. Every year there are stories about New Yorkers walking past a guy dying on the ground.

Example:

http://youtu.be/YZpBgZ4WgjE

Technarchy

macrumors 604
May 21, 2012
It's New York...we take pride in our pretend indifference to celebrity.

Very different than California where blatant celebrity worship is the norm.

Verbatim Cookie

macrumors regular
Mar 20, 2012
Dalton Russell!? :p
I'd never heard that name before so I Googled it and checked out the quotes from the movie on IMDb. If the relevant quote there is accurate (he brings up the trains going through Grand Central Station), it's wrong. Subway trains do, in fact, go through Grand Central Station. But no trains go through Grand Central Terminal because it's the first/last stop on all the lines that serve it. :D

bkushner

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2011
That will come in handy once Apple implodes, since Cook's poor management will be the reason Apple fails... I give Apple 1-2 years more, then they'll be be just like every other tech company today, without any outstanding products... Screw Apple.. Like they've screwed their customers...

Oh my, trolling on a friday night? Too cold under your bridge and you found an internet cafe?

----------

You are so immature.

MacDav

macrumors 65816
Mar 24, 2004
Is he...? Is that what you mean? I had no idea. Oh man, San Francisco, duh, how could I have missed it. On a side note Jony has twin boys.

You may notice that my sentence begins with "What if". I have no knowledge or information about the private life of Mr. Tim Cook. I really have no specific interest either. I'm not sure what point you are trying to convey, but it doesn't seem like a very charitable one in any case. :) It is a well known fact that he is a gay man. For you to suggest that I was somehow making reference to that fact in a sniggering way only shows the shallowness of your own perception and thinking. How do you know I'm not gay?

Last edited:

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Lmao. I doubt he'll ask that. I think it's obvious but no one says anything.

Agreed. Would be interesting.

You are so immature.

Why? He has based his reputation on his professional life, not his private life.

It is a well known fact that he is a gay man. For you to suggest that I was somehow making reference to that fact in a sniggering way only shows the shallowness of your own perception and thinking. How do you know I'm not gay?

Would you not think it odd if an in-depth interview of a celebrity did not mention spouse and family?

Tim has a "Modern Family" - and such it's relevant for an interview.

TeachMeiOS.com

macrumors newbie
Nov 3, 2012
Looking forward to watching this!

I'm excited to see Tim Cook in a little different environment than in the press conferences and keynotes. I'm looking forward to hearing what he has to say.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.