Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wingzfan61

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 1, 2012
Ive been searching this for 2 days but cant find a solution so I apologize if this question has been answered already.

I started iTunes Match service Thursday night. It uploaded all my music, 11572, except 30 songs (no clue which ones got skipped but would love to know how to check that). I connected my ipad to the Match service and to my surprise all my artwork loaded properly and everything looked great.

I decided to see how things worked when you add new music to itunes so I imported a cd of an artist I already had music in Match and a cd from an artist I didnt have in match. Artwork and metadata was done correctly via "tagscanner" and iTunes uploaded the new songs into match.

Heres the problem. I opened the music app on the iPad and found that the new albums were indeed there however on the artist I had music for which previously had "artist artwork", the artist artwork disappeared. Also the new artist didnt have "artist artwork". Both new albums showed artwork when opening that artists folder.

The only way I found to correct this and get the "artist artwork" back was to go into settings on the iPad and disable iTunes Match then re-enable it and let the music app rescan iTunes Match. Once that finishes all the "artist artwork" shows properly.

Is there any way to get the "artist artwork" to display without having to disable iTunes Match on the iPad or will it eventually show up after a little while?

Sorry for the long post, wanted to be as detailed as possible.

HazyCloud

macrumors 68030
Jun 30, 2010
To see what's matched, view your songs in a list and turn on the 'iCloud Status' view option in iTunes.

Yes, usually the art shows up on its own. I've had a few that didn't show up at first, but now everything has art.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.