Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
Haven't posted here in a while. It's been about 3months since my first post here and my initial hiring. Loving it so far. :) For those worried about not knowing enough technical aspects of the job, don't worry. You learn it. The thing that tends to get most people hired is excellent customer service.
To those worrying about exams. DONT! They're all easy. You cover everything in training if you didn't already know it.

I wouldn't say the tests are easy.

We have lost 4 people in our class.

jonkss2

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2012
I wouldn't say the tests are easy.

We have lost 4 people in our class.

They may have not been very technical people. I have worked with a company that has contracted Wendy's workers and with limited tech knowledge. If you had a pulse and could talk you got in. Sad thing. I never liked it. At least with Apple they weed out good techs.

JustMe21

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2012
Anyone got advice on final exam ?

The final is easier than Test 2! We lost a few people during that test and lost only 1 to the final.

----------

They may have not been very technical people. I have worked with a company that has contracted Wendy's workers and with limited tech knowledge. If you had a pulse and could talk you got in. Sad thing. I never liked it. At least with Apple they weed out good techs.

The test are not just about being technical and neither is the job.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
The final is easier than Test 2! We lost a few people during that test and lost only 1 to the final.

----------

The test are not just about being technical and neither is the job.

I'm going on my third month of employment (real close to the $500 discount) and I can tell you that neither the tests nor the job have much to do with technical ability. The tests are general problem solving and research intensive and the job is 5% tech and 95% customer service. I had 0 knowledge of Apple products when I started and that made no difference whatsoever. I can tell you that studying iLog as much as you can before you start will help you OTJ more than anything else.

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
I'm going on my third month of employment (real close to the $500 discount) and I can tell you that neither the tests nor the job have much to do with technical ability. The tests are general problem solving and research intensive and the job is 5% tech and 95% customer service. I had 0 knowledge of Apple products when I started and that made no difference whatsoever. I can tell you that studying iLog as much as you can before you start will help you OTJ more than anything else.

Are you iOS or CPU? It seems mostly the iOS people say that it's mostly customer service. The CPU people seem to be more tech for some reason.

AngryGerbil

macrumors 6502a
Aug 26, 2012
Are you iOS or CPU? It seems mostly the iOS people say that it's mostly customer service. The CPU people seem to be more tech for some reason.

That's true, I'm in iOS and I'd give my left arm to be in CPU. This customer service stuff just isn't my thing.

ak516

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2012
noise?

Anyone else worried about the noise that might come with apartment living and this job? Neighbor has a dog.

jonkss2

macrumors member
Nov 20, 2012
This isn't cool... Reading all of you're posts about getting the box of cool Apple stuff. I'm dying for a call.

apeonpatrol

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2012
This isn't cool... Reading all of you're posts about getting the box of cool Apple stuff. I'm dying for a call.

just be patient man. i started the process in late august and didnt get my final offer call until early november. i can imagine it might be an even slower process now with it being the holidays and all.

lshaped210

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2012
Wow I'm three weeks into iOS training and let me just say that I've already received enough perks, that if I didn't get paid for the next two months. I would be perfectly fine with that. Good luck everyone.

apeonpatrol

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2012
Wow I'm three weeks into iOS training and let me just say that I've already received enough perks, that if I didn't get paid for the next two months. I would be perfectly fine with that. Good luck everyone.

This excites me. I wonder if the mini iPad is included in the discounts, my mom wants one. Hopefully the retina display MacBook Pro is part of the employee discount thing by the time I'm out of training.....

....if I get out of training.

themayorr

macrumors member
Nov 6, 2012

you got money?

Last edited by a moderator:

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn

apeonpatrol

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2012

koolaid-drinker

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Kingsport,Tn
Ya, that days retina MacBook Pro isn't included but that's back in June. By the time I'm eligible for the $500 I'm hoping it'd be part of the deal. I really want to purchase my first Mac and the retina pro is awesome. Played with it at best buy last night.

Both are included in it.

You won't get the discount though until you have been here for 3 months.

apeonpatrol

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2012
Both are included in it.

You won't get the discount though until you have been here for 3 months.

Awesome. They must of changed it. I read about the $500 and $250 being 90 days in but the 25% on some products is immediate. Got lots of family interested this holiday.

IceFire

macrumors member
Oct 24, 2012
Not only that, you get all the latest OS's along with many other softwares for free as well...if you want them.

I have to disagree with the person who said they'd be fine not getting paid though. lol

Week one of CPU training down! It's not bad, but I sure have been tired after. Glad to have this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.