Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amps211

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2003
For me anyways. Scrolling thru just a screen of 1000's of album covers sucks and is not very practical. Now, I like what has been done with the background. Looks sharp 95% of the time. However, in 11.1 can we add the artist column viewer on the side pls (w/o the thumbnail previews). Thx.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2012-11-30-at-4.00.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2012-11-30-at-4.00.jpg
    816.1 KB · Views: 205
Last edited:

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
+1

Albums view is totally useless for viewing a collection without any actual grouping options. Having a pane that at least lets you narrow it down by artist would make this mode worthwhile.

amps211

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2003
Also this?! There is no 'next track' button at the bottom for quickly editing track info.

Attachments

• Screen-Shot-2012-11-30-at-5.14.jpg
    Screen-Shot-2012-11-30-at-5.14.jpg
    624.5 KB · Views: 113

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
Also this?! There is no 'next track' button at the bottom for quickly editing track info.

In song view when I right clicked and clicked get info I has a "next track" like before. Might have been the view you were in

amps211

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2003
In song view when I right clicked and clicked get info I has a "next track" like before. Might have been the view you were in

You're right. I guess that option isn't available when editing in the artist or albums view. strange.

Bozley0621

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
This plus revert back to the old real-time search as you type.

You can still search in real-time. In the search bar, there is a little drop down arrow next to the magnifying glass. Click this and disable Search Entire Library.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
For me anyways. Scrolling thru just a screen of 1000's of album covers sucks and is not very practical. Now, I like what has been done with the background. Looks sharp 95% of the time. However, in 11.1 can we add the artist column viewer on the side pls (w/o the thumbnail previews). Thx.

I would just like to note that the view allows you to start typing an artist's name (not into any particular field), and iTunes will scroll to the first album of that artist.

amps211

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 15, 2003
I would just like to note that the view allows you to start typing an artist's name (not into any particular field), and iTunes will scroll to the first album of that artist.

Woah. That's sweet. Thx. I'd still like the side view because It's nice to see the all band names in a list to remind me of what I got.

kaielement

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2010
You're right. I guess that option isn't available when editing in the artist or albums view. strange.

A bit strange. While I like some parts of the updates I don't like other parts. After using iTunes for so long in one view might take a bit to get used to the new view.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦

it's there in Albums view, just not Artist

----------

unfortunately, this also includes any mention of that band and yields a lot of false positives (if song titles from other bands contain the same words, like cover songs)

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
unfortunately, this also includes any mention of that band and yields a lot of false positives (if song titles from other bands contain the same words, like cover songs)

You sure we're talking about the same thing? When I just start typing into the window instead of the search field– your input doesn't appear on screen – it seems to purely try to match the longest possible sequence of characters you've entered with any of your artists.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
You sure we're talking about the same thing? When I just start typing into the window instead of the search field– your input doesn't appear on screen – it seems to purely try to match the longest possible sequence of characters you've entered with any of your artists.

neat, thanks for that

view/ view options had to be set to 'arists' though. I had it by 'rating' when i first tried it, and every key I pressed caused it to open the last album on the library, regardless. Weird glitch.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
neat, thanks for that

view/ view options had to be set to 'arists' though. I had it by 'rating' when i first tried it, and every key I pressed caused it to open the last album on the library, regardless. Weird glitch.

Huh, you're right. I guess it searches through whatever field the view is sorted by (try sorting by title for example).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.