Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:01 PM   #26
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMSC View Post
Umm... why is it so hard to believe that someone would actually have standards? Just because you may date anything that moves without regard for what mobile device they use, doesn't mean I will.

Consider this:

- Technology is part of our lives. Only the iPhone allows us to truly embrace it.

- Why would I be with a woman who doesn't use iPhone? When my girlfriend sold her iPhone, with it went the ability to FaceTime, and enjoy the other perks of communicating with a fellow iPhone user.

- There is a certain shame factor involved with dating a woman who uses a lesser mobile device.
A true iPhone devotee wouldn't have dumped her. He would have tied her to the bed, forced her eyes open, and shown her every Steve Jobs keynote on repeat until she repented. And then you'd keep going for an extra few days just to make sure.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:02 PM   #27
RITZFit
macrumors 65816

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/.../seriously.png
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:04 PM   #28
iMSC
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to iMSC
Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehaathi View Post
A true iPhone devotee wouldn't have dumped her. He would have tied her to the bed, forced her eyes open, and shown her every Steve Jobs keynote on repeat until she repented. And then you'd keep going for an extra few days just to make sure.
You do have a point there, but what's done is done.
iMSC is offline   0
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:07 PM   #29
swiftaw
macrumors 603

So not having an iPhone is a dealbreaker for you, the question is, did she know this? Did you tell her if she went to Android you would break up with her, or was it a "surprise"?
swiftaw is offline   0
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:08 PM   #30
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
You do have a point there, but what's done is done.
Next time. Perhaps you can go pick up some girls at the bar who are using Android phones and bring them back for some reprogramming. You could put it down as community service on your CV.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:10 PM   #31
coorspate
macrumors member

Wirelessly posted

Please post this trolling thread in an android forum. The laughs would be priceless.
coorspate is offline   0
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:11 PM   #32
iMSC
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftaw View Post
So not having an iPhone is a dealbreaker for you, the question is, did she know this? Did you tell her if she went to Android you would break up with her, or was it a "surprise"?
Well, it wasn't put in the relationship agreement, if that's what you mean, but when she said she was thinking of switching to a Droid, I said, "you do that, I'll boot your *** out," so, no, it was not out of the blue. I think perhaps she thought I was kidding, because she said as much when I broke up with her and told her she had one day to get out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehaathi View Post
Next time. Perhaps you can go pick up some girls at the bar who are using Android phones and bring them back for some reprogramming. You could put it down as community service on your CV.
Oh sure. That won't get me put in prison or anything.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by coorspate View Post
Wirelessly posted

Please post this trolling thread in an android forum. The laughs would be priceless.
First, it's not trolling, and secondly, I would never go to an Android forum, because I don't think I could get the slime off my monitor afterward.
iMSC is offline   0
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:14 PM   #33
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
First, it's not trolling
Seriously, you're not fooling anyone.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:15 PM   #34
iJohnHenry
Banned

Quote:
Again, yes, it's true, and again, I don't think I acted unreasonably.

You made your choice, and that's fine. We all must make our own choices in life. I don't know what I'd do in your situation, but I would be more likely than not to stick around. However, lack of an iPhone is, in fact, a deal breaker.
Sparky, you asked a question, and I believe you have your answer.

If you don't want to hear it, don't ask.
iJohnHenry is offline   0
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:15 PM   #35
dukebound85
macrumors P6

Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way, but you're perfectly free to date a woman who uses any old mobile device if you wish. I don't think it's unreasonable to insist that a girlfriend, and potential wife, has an iPhone.
What you think is quite ridiculous when it comes to this. But I am sure we are all having our leg pulled
dukebound85 is offline   0
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:19 PM   #36
iMSC
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebound85 View Post
What you think is quite ridiculous when it comes to this. But I am sure we are all having our leg pulled
I'm not pulling your leg, or any other body part for that matter.

I could post her phone number, if you want to call her.
iMSC is offline   0
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:21 PM   #37
MisterKeeks
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I'm not pulling your leg, or any other body part for that matter.

I could post her phone number, if you want to call her.
She has a Droid, yet you know her phone #???? shame!!!
MisterKeeks is offline   1

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland