Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services

Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:58 PM   #1
Senseotech
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to Senseotech
iTunes Match & Album Art

I've had iTunes Match since release (actually was in the beta), and one thing has bothered me since day one: for some strange and seemingly random reason, a very small minority of my albums show without artwork on any computer/iDevice other than my original "master" machine.

For example, heres a selection from that main iTunes:

And heres from iTunes on another machine that is purely "matched," i.e. theres no local files whatsoever:

Clearing the artwork on the master machine and re-adding does nothing, nor does removing the tracks from iTunes (and iTunes Match) and re-adding them; the artwork is still absent on every other instance of my library, be it iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC. Anyone else run into this and hopefully have some insight?
Senseotech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:21 PM   #2
DanTesla1
macrumors newbie

One thing I've found to work is to delete the music file locally and from iCloud, turn off Match on your main Mac, re-add the music, download the AA, and then turn Match back on. This is the only way I've gotten my AA to upload to iCloud... it's a pain in the ass I know. They really need to fix this. I've found that the AA does not upload when you add a song and it matches BEFORE you dl the AA... which can happen if you're editing metadata (Artist, Album, etc.) and not paying attention to what Match is doing. I wish they had a web feature where you could see what's exactly matched and what isn't, that way you could see what AA is in iCloud and what's just on your local (main) machine.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, if the Matched song files are supposed to be exactly like the "purchased" files you would normally download if purchasing an album/song, why not match your music and then give you access to the album as if a purchaser? Like a coupon? That way, at least your metadata and AA would match iTunes. Also less of a hassle.
DanTesla1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:12 PM   #3
Senseotech
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via Skype™ to Senseotech
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanTesla1 View Post
One thing I've found to work is to delete the music file locally and from iCloud, turn off Match on your main Mac, re-add the music, download the AA, and then turn Match back on. This is the only way I've gotten my AA to upload to iCloud... it's a pain in the ass I know. They really need to fix this. I've found that the AA does not upload when you add a song and it matches BEFORE you dl the AA... which can happen if you're editing metadata (Artist, Album, etc.) and not paying attention to what Match is doing. I wish they had a web feature where you could see what's exactly matched and what isn't, that way you could see what AA is in iCloud and what's just on your local (main) machine.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, if the Matched song files are supposed to be exactly like the "purchased" files you would normally download if purchasing an album/song, why not match your music and then give you access to the album as if a purchaser? Like a coupon? That way, at least your metadata and AA would match iTunes. Also less of a hassle.
No joy here, tried it and still getting blank artwork for the track I tried it with.
Senseotech is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > iCloud and Apple Services