Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Dec 3, 2012, 03:52 AM   #1
Steve-F
macrumors member

Low powered flash recommendation?

Hope someone can help with a cheap option?

I occasionally find I'm shooting in low light with a fast lens (f1.8) and high ISO but just want a little bit of off camera flash to highlight my subject (I do want to keep some of the available light). I have an old Metz flash that's great for other situations but is way too strong for this .... and I can't dial it down - it's lowest setting is f4 at ISO200. I have a wireless trigger that works off the hot shoe.
I use both a Nikon DSLR and a Canon DSLR.

Thanks for any recommendations??

Steve.
Steve-F is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Photography