Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:45 AM   #1
i-sidd
macrumors 6502a

Ipad mini case recommendation

Hi all,

I don't want to spend a lot of $$ on the case since a new ipad mini will be released next year and we won't be able to use our existng cases.

I looke dat switch easy canvas $39 is this a good price or the coverbuddy for $19 but does not cover the screen.

Is there a good case which covers teh screen as well and has the stand capability of the switcheasy canvas.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:51 AM   #2
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-sidd View Post
...since a new ipad mini will be released next year and we won't be able to use our existng cases.
Wow, do you have an inside source that both knows there will be a new Mini next year AND it will be physically different from the current one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by i-sidd View Post
Is there a good case which covers teh screen as well and has the stand capability of the switcheasy canvas.
This site was a big help to me. Click Here.
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:07 AM   #3
i-sidd
macrumors 6502a

[QUOTE=kodeman53;16397310]Wow, do you have an inside source that both knows there will be a new Mini next year AND it will be physically different from the current one?

Haha...no, but going by apple's history, there will be a new ipad mini next year and most probably it will be thinner or there would be a lsight varioation which would make the current cases probably not comaptible with it, just guessing buy what I have experienced. I have a $50 Switcheasy Canvas that I use with my ipad2 and I bought the ipad4, now that ipad 2 case does not fit ipad 4, so based on that I made the comment.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:43 AM   #4
iproductsuser
Banned

I bought a poetic slimline from amazon. Super cheap and looks super nice. I didn't wanna spend the $39 on a smart cover :/
iproductsuser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:36 AM   #5
Fugue
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by iproductsuser View Post
I bought a poetic slimline from amazon. Super cheap and looks super nice. I didn't wanna spend the $39 on a smart cover :/
I can vouch for the Poetic Slimline as well. For the $6.95 that I paid for it, it's an excellent case.

Fugue is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:26 PM   #6
flatline82
macrumors regular

Poetic Hardback
flatline82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:31 PM   #7
SnowLeopard2008
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to SnowLeopard2008
Smart Cover + Cover Buddy. Perfect combination. If Apple made the Smart Case for iPad mini, I would have got that instead.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:33 PM   #8
iproductsuser
Banned

He mentioned cheap. The Smart Cover at $39 is not cheap especially considering the full size Smart Cover is $39, the mini version should be $29 or under.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:05 PM   #9
ancee
Banned

I just got the pink one.

http://www.bargaincell.com/search/Ev...ivel-Case-Mini
ancee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 09:11 PM   #10
Tikatika
macrumors 6502

I just received this gorgeous case for my soon to arrive white Mini. It is truly stunning and I can't wait to use it. Packaging is as excellent as the product itself. A truly class act!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009Z7VAR6/...p_M3T1_SC_dp_1
Tikatika is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 06:53 AM   #11
i-sidd
macrumors 6502a

Thank you for the recommendations, but for the poetic a few reviews say that within a week it became loose and some other minor comaplaints, but its priced really good.

I also saw a targus canvas type case at Costco for $26 it came with a stylu stoo. It said for ipad 3rd and 4th on the price sticker, but on the back of teh case package only said ipad 3 so I di dnot pick it up.

I was wondeirng if anyone has any experienc with teh targus case and if there is also a mini verson of the case.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 08:09 AM   #12
AdonisSMU
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikatika View Post
I just received this gorgeous case for my soon to arrive white Mini. It is truly stunning and I can't wait to use it. Packaging is as excellent as the product itself. A truly class act!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B009Z7VAR6/...p_M3T1_SC_dp_1
I have that case. Ive been using the clear case from Switcheasy so far. This case is very beautiful though.

Last edited by AdonisSMU; Dec 3, 2012 at 08:37 AM.
AdonisSMU is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:27 AM   #13
dthree36
macrumors regular

Poetic Slimline is good...only problem is after I have my mini in it... its a bit hard to pop it out. I also picked up the Moko for $2.99 and I like that one as well. There are quite a bit on Amazon for cheep so If yo don't like it... no major loss.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:31 AM   #14
pommie82
macrumors regular

Iam using otterbox case at the moment its great its really tough well designed i have no worries when i go out and about because it will be fine because otterbox are one of the best cases around
pommie82 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:42 PM   #15
iproductsuser
Banned

You lose the greatness of the size/weight by putting it in an Otterbox that is unless you take it to a construction site or something.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 12:53 PM   #16
i-sidd
macrumors 6502a

I am not sure now, i feel like if i buy the poetic hardcase to save money and it is as good, then i will have to spend money agian to buy another case Switcheasy and get the canvas but now it will be $39 plus the money spet on the poetic.

Can anyone post pics of their ipad mini with teh poetic case on.

DOe sit satnd well or is it flimsy.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories