Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GIZBUG

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
Runs stable on my Mac Air (2011) model, haven't noticed anything different over previous public build to be honest.

TIGOS

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2007
Sao Paulo, BR
With 10.8.3 my mbp 13 i5 early 2011 now have Intel HD3000 with 512mb ?
FF0sr.png

yDbtR.png

beestigbeestje

macrumors regular
May 17, 2007
Belgium
I'm having random lockups every now and then on this beta.
Music keeps playing but the screen is frozen for 30 sec+

No faster shutdown
Graphics performance is still very questionable since that efi update on my retina mbp.

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
I'm a developer running 10.8.3 and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at this point. I've had 3 crashes already today, at least one of which was related to OpenGL. At least my Retina MacBook Pro only takes 5 seconds to reboot but it's still annoying. Hopefully subsequent betas will be better.

AndersBrohus

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2012
Denmark!
I'm a developer running 10.8.3 and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone at this point. I've had 3 crashes already today, at least one of which was related to OpenGL. At least my Retina MacBook Pro only takes 5 seconds to reboot but it's still annoying. Hopefully subsequent betas will be better.

That's also how i see it..

j-a-x

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2005
Houston, Texas
Just had another 3 crashes tonight. Last one was a kernel panic while viewing photos in Aperture. This build is the least stable beta build I've seen from Apple in a while. Generally even the Mountain Lion pre release builds were better than this.

AndersBrohus

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2012
Denmark!
Just had another 3 crashes tonight. Last one was a kernel panic while viewing photos in Aperture. This build is the least stable beta build I've seen from Apple in a while. Generally even the Mountain Lion pre release builds were better than this.

I agree with this is the least stable beta that Apple have given us in LOOONNGGG Time!

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Hopefully this will solve my constantly dropping wifi connection since 10.8 :(

Tried all the interim fixes to no avail so far.

Humex

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
OSX 10.8.3 beta freezes my screen (Nvidia drivers involved?). I encounter this problem more often on Safari in full screen which forces me to restart the mac.
I have a Macbook Pro 4.1
http://d.pr/i/jT2W

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
OSX 10.8.3 beta freezes my screen (Nvidia drivers involved?). I encounter this problem more often on Safari in full screen which forces me to restart the mac.
I have a Macbook Pro 4.1

I had that happen on one of those too, but assumed that it's the Nvidia chip failing.

Sweetfeld28

macrumors 65816
Feb 10, 2003
Buckeye Country, O-H
I'm having random lockups every now and then on this beta.
Music keeps playing but the screen is frozen for 30 sec+

No faster shutdown
Graphics performance is still very questionable since that efi update on my retina mbp.

Same here :/ Too bad i upgraded, lets hope for an update soon!

Do you both use nVidia CUDA drivers? On my laptop, my graphics seem erratic just like yours, but I did notice after I reboot my CUDA pref requests for me to update the drivers. However the latest ones are already installed.

----------

I have a Macbook Pro 4.1

This is the same thing that I have been getting. However when this happens on my laptop it locks up the whole OS, but if I am listening to music it continues to play. This then forces me to reboot, once I do that, CUDA then tells me a Driver update is required. However, I have the latest driver [CUDA 5.0.37].

AndersBrohus

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2012
Denmark!
Do you both use nVidia CUDA drivers? On my laptop, my graphics seem erratic just like yours, but I did notice after I reboot my CUDA pref requests for me to update the drivers. However the latest ones are already installed.

----------

This is the same thing that I have been getting. However when this happens on my laptop it locks up the whole OS, but if I am listening to music it continues to play. This then forces me to reboot, once I do that, CUDA then tells me a Driver update is required. However, I have the latest driver [CUDA 5.0.37].

After i switched to Mac i do not think about drivers, so i dont know :p

Humex

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012

I deleted the CUDA driver and I still have this problem.

Last edited:

Eithanius

macrumors 68000
Nov 19, 2005
Bottom line is, graphics are crap ever since Lion... Mountain Lion is no different. Enough is said... :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.