Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr McKay

macrumors 68040
Aug 11, 2010
Kirkland
I thoroughly agree, neither OS is better than the other. Both are fantastic choices, it really depends on what type of person you are.

I've discovered Android is better for me. My Dad? An iPhone is better.

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
I thoroughly agree, neither OS is better than the other. Both are fantastic choices, it really depends on what type of person you are.

I've discovered Android is better for me. My Dad? An iPhone is better.

It has been this way all along, each OS has their own strengths and weakness. At the end of the day, it all boils down to consumer preferences, and which OS you like.

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
The cults of these warring factions will never listen to logic.

Very well put. The sooner we get to the point where people realize that neither platform is perfect and that both have their segment of the population that finds one more useful than the other, the better we'll be.

walie

macrumors 6502a
Nov 15, 2010
Very well put. The sooner we get to the point where people realize that neither platform is perfect and that both have their segment of the population that finds one more useful than the other, the better we'll be.

OT: Why didnt he spike the ball?

ugahairydawgs

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
OT: Why didnt he spike the ball?

Bama was reeling. Just drove 77 yards in ~60 seconds and hit three pretty big plays in a row. Go for the jugular before Bama's D has a chance to collect themselves. Tried to hit the corner fade and use Conley underneath to suck in the DB. In theory you miss and the ball goes out of the endzone and you still have a play (maybe 2) to run. DE rushing off the edge just made a great play and blew it up and we had the unfortunate luck of having a guy in the wrong place at the wrong time.

They say that in hindsight they probably should have spiked it. I'm not so sure. I think it was a good, aggressive play and that rusher off the edge just made a better play.

Prototypical

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2011
Nebraska
The cults of these warring factions will never listen to logic.

What boggles my mind is why there are "warring factions" at all. These are mobile devices, not religious beliefs or political systems (not that either of those are worth fighting over either). It's a phone for Pete's sake - one that you're likely to replace in six months to a year anyway... at least for the techno-philes that get involved in such debates.

As UGA said, both platforms have pros and cons, and neither is perfect. Like anything in life, choose the one that works best for you and enjoy it.

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
What boggles my mind is why there are "warring factions" at all. These are mobile devices, not religious beliefs or political systems (not that either of those are worth fighting over either). It's a phone for Pete's sake - one that you're likely to replace in six months to a year anyway... at least for the techno-philes that get involved in such debates.

As UGA said, both platforms have pros and cons, and neither is perfect. Like anything in life, choose the one that works best for you and enjoy it.

You answered your own question. Religion is simply a set of beliefs and it is probably the thing that has caused humans the most grief over our history on this planet. The device you choose, the car you drive, the sports team you back are all based on your beliefs. There are warring factions because of these beliefs. Frankly, the tech world is pretty tame. You don't hear about people getting into bar fights over which is the better phone. You do with some of the other things mentioned.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
You answered your own question. Religion is simply a set of beliefs and it is probably the thing that has caused humans the most grief over our history on this planet. The device you choose, the car you drive, the sports team you back are all based on your beliefs. There are warring factions because of these beliefs. Frankly, the tech world is pretty tame. You don't hear about people getting into bar fights over which is the better phone. You do with some of the other things mentioned.

Aye. Very many people suffer and die over differences in religion, sometimes over the same religion. Just ask the middle east where there is frequent Muslim on Muslim violence.

Tech world fighting on a message board where freedom of speech (sort of) is allowed? Tame, indeed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.