Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iohass

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2012
Canada
according to the article, in order to replace ram, you have to use a pin to open a door in the back, but reading other threads here, people have been saying that it can only be done by opening up the screen on the front.

which is true or did i misread the other threads?

i've never had an imac before, but strongly considering getting the 21"

Nov 28, 2010
located
according to the article, in order to replace ram, you have to use a pin to open a door in the back, but reading other threads here, people have been saying that it can only be done by opening up the screen on the front.

They talk about the 27":
The one difference is that the memory slots are user-accessible on the 27-inch model, but not on the 21-inch one.

burninggarlic

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012

Both are true.

That is one of the differences between 27" and 21".

kidwei

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2007
I'm surprised at their impression of the speakers. The first review that actually praised them. Does anyone have any first-hand experience with the iMac speakers? Are they really that bad?

palmerc2

macrumors 68000
Feb 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Well, I haven't heard the speakers on the new iMac but they sure do suck on my Alu 24" model, having dedicated speakers (for me a 2.1 system) is almost a necessity.

Look at this as the same as TV's: the thinner the TV the thinner / smaller the speakers need to be, which means they're not as powerful and not good quality, which a sound system is almost a necessity as well (in my case a 5.1 system). I'm assuming this is exactly the same when it comes to the iMac speakers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.