Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
The user was just giving his opinion. No need to get so upset. If you dont like it then move on

Well, he was just giving his opinion and you had to take time to tell him how he should act. Another option was ...you could just move on and let people use the forum for their opinions.

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Meaning there will be no Uncensored DVD, Blu Ray + Digital Copy Platinum Ed. with Director Comments? Are we only going to the it in DVD without additional stuff such as previews or a menu. Your DVD will startup like a Mac booting and then it will start.

There will be no DVD, only a digital download. You can order it on USB for $69. Both will have 720 and 1080P copies, and 5.1 DD surround sound at 256 bitrate.

inkswamp

macrumors 68030
Jan 26, 2003
It has nothing to do with professionalism. It's unnecessary and draws attention to something that's not needed. Plus it's snobby. It's written twice in the article, and I think most people will realize that's the way it's spelled. We shouldn't have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

Oh, get over it and go outside for a while. It's a standard way to denote correctly quoted text that appears to be grammatically incorrect. Catering to the lowest common denominator would be leaving such a thing out and assuming nobody cares or gets it. I appreciate that MacRumors editors are smart and professional enough to present their readers with quality copy and prefer that they continue to do so. If you want something sloppy that caters to the lowest common denominator, go to TechCrunch.

CoreyLahey

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2012
He does look a lot like a young Steve Jobs. He is perfect in that regard.

Let's hope his acting is a little better than the other non-That 70's Show roles he's tried doing before.

I think he's a really good actor, but aside from Butterfly Effect and That 70s show he didn't necessarily play roles in movies I cared for very much.

He is a great cast for Steve Jobs in my opinion, at least physically so far.

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Are you denying the fact that Steve Jobs hated consumers having options?

wikus, you're a bag of negativity against Apple. Why are you here?

What you're describing is merely an interpretation. You're _choosing_ to interpret Apple's narrow product line as a personal vendetta of Steve's against consumer choice, when in actual fact it was Steve's mandate to simplify Apple's product line. That was the first secret of their successful comeback in late 90's.

Have you ever been shopping for a non-Apple consumer device and found yourself baffled by the selection (and sacrifice) of choosing one product over another? People ask me all the time "what is a good laptop to buy?". Of course I'm going to send them to a MacBook - do you want a consumer model or a professional model? That's the first question to be asked, and it's so simple to answer when you look at the specs. But try applying that same decisive question to competitor computers.

Ashton looks like a great Steve. I'm not a fan of him, so I'm hoping he does justice in a respectful way.

Jason Garza

macrumors member
Jun 19, 2012
Anyone have a good image of the THINK poster hanging in the background?

178894FB-93AA-482B-BF45-320761111435-514-0000003B36126B0A.jpg

6D011CFB-8DB1-44D3-8EA6-882F9BF12607-514-0000004088384B7D.jpg

EA19D3D7-CFED-44C9-8CA0-460ACF7421F1-514-0000004017D65C0B.jpg

Last edited:

amusedchimp

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2005
berkeley, ca
although i've never met either
it is my impression that their public personae have many distinctly unlikeable personality traits in common.
this along with some physical resemblance seems to make the kutcher portrayal of jobs a pretty good fit.
albeit not one i'd want to subject myself to.

motorazr

macrumors 6502
Pretty close resemblance with Ashton Kutcher (maybe a little cleaner looking?), but it bugs me that they've got a clear image reference, and made so many changes in the details (ie. different type of shelves, different print style of "THINK" poster, different things around him, different curtains...)

Not that any of this really matters. Just the things that stood out to me :rolleyes:

verniesgarden

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2007
Saint Louis, Mo
Pretty close resemblance with Ashton Kutcher (maybe a little cleaner looking?), but it bugs me that they've got a clear image reference, and made so many changes in the details (ie. different type of shelves, different print style of "THINK" poster, different things around him, different curtains...)

Not that any of this really matters. Just the things that stood out to me :rolleyes:

they bother me too. even the way he's sitting is a bit off.

Obi-Wan Kubrick

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2007
I dislike Ashton as both a person and as an "actor" and I use the word actor loosely. He's just terrible and seeing him associated with lowest common denominator fair such as Two and a Half Men proves he is terrible.

VenusianSky

macrumors 65816
Aug 28, 2008
Yep.

Directed by.

LOL. Yeah, he loves what the Internet did for the movie industry (killing the whole experience of seeing a film on the big screen).

I bet Kutcher has prepped up pretty well for this. If he takes it serious enough, I think it could really be a turning point in his career. I am not a big fan of him, but at this point, I think he could do a good job. Guess we will have to see.

Mactendo

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2012
Either this will be Kutcher's breakthrough role, either he will fail miserably as always.

riverfreak

macrumors 68000
Jan 10, 2005
Thonglor, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon
That this made for TV and direct-to-video movie is premiering at Sundance (albeit outside of the competition) simply proves at once how both mainstream and irrelevant the festival has become. Once Paris Hilton and all the other non-creative types started strutting up and down Main Street in high heels it was doomed.

Sorry, Sundance, time to shut your doors.

AngerDanger

Graphics
Staff member
Dec 9, 2008
In that picture, Kutcher looks like Jobs. He also looks a bit like Jack Black, yet Jack Black doesn't look like Steve Jobs. It's like a freaking optical illusion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.