Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

majordude

macrumors 68020
Apr 28, 2007
Hootersville
Well, I don't really like Ashton but I really didn't think Jim Carry was an actor... yet he NAILED Andy Kaufman in "Man on the Moon." So I'm hoping for more than I expect. :eek:

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
In other news, Ashton Kutcher sued by Apple for infringing on the "look & feel" of Jobs.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
it's a pity they chose Joshua Michael Stern to direct it! david Fincher, Christopher Nolan or Sam Mendes would have been a better choice. Looking at Joshua's previous work, it sucks!

"They" are basically the writer, director and a buddy that is the producer. That's why they have such a low budget.

Classic case of hoping to make a career with a risk, might work might fail bigger than Ping

Last edited:

wizzerandchips

macrumors 6502
Jul 6, 2006
Musta forgot his shoes?

Dead on resemblance. Ashton isn't a terrible actor, just a lot (most) of his starting roles entitle him as a goofy/young/immature man.

A Butterfly Affect, The Guardian, & Reindeer Games are all movies he has starred in that, I think, are all phenomenal feature films.

For all is so called failings in acting....he had many years with Demi Moore, guys a dude in my eyes....:D

jhoofnail

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
Buffalo, NY
Ugh, I really wish I wasn't admitting this but he does bare a rather striking resemblance. Let's hope he's got the acting chops to really make us forget he's Ashton kutcher

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
Reminds me of Tom Cruise, another awful actor who can only play roles that are similar to himself in real life: an overwhelming jackass.

And Dinero really goes on on a limb to play differing roles.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
I'm here because I use apple products. Fortunately I didn't gobble up everything that Steve said as law, nor have I since his death. That said, I'll continue reading between the lines, I have no trust in Apple nor any other company. Its pretty ridiculous to cheer on for a company like a sports team.

When you think about it, isn't just as, or more so, ridiculous to cheer on a sports team?

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
I've never fully understood this word and it's use to be honest...

It means the spelling, as shown, was quoted from the source, and acknowledges that it is not spelled correctly - either intentionally or by accident. It is used to show that the incorrect spelling is not a mistake made by the person repeating the quote.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
The way they spelled it is attributable to movie naming conventions. Steve signed his name with a lower case j. See the Apple formation documents for an example. That's public.

If they wanted to write it the way that Steve himself wrote it then it would be all lowercase. Not the Apple iDevice way

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
When you think about it, isn't just as, or more so, ridiculous to cheer on a sports team?

Professional teams? Yes, I agree with you, but I'll cheer on the college and high school teams. IMO, professional teams are essentially entertainment companies that specialize in sports.

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
? Are we only going to the it in DVD without additional stuff such as previews or a menu.

ITunes Extras FTW.

In fact that will probably be the only way it comes out cause the company doesn't have the funding for publishing optical disks. But they will try to play it out that they are doing it on the iTunes Store only cause that was Steve's project

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
I've never fully understood this word and its use to be honest...

From the Chicago Manual of Style:

Sic may be inserted in brackets following a word misspelled or wrongly used in the original. Overuse of this device, however, is to be discouraged. In most books it is wholly unnecessary to call attention to every variant spelling, every oddity of expression, in quoted material.

jasonefmonk

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2011
If they wanted to write it the way that Steve himself wrote it then it would be all lowercase. Not the Apple iDevice way

It's not even the "iDevice way" as you just showed. There's never been an iMAC, iPOD or iPHONE as far as I recall. I think that Jobs or jobs would have been fine.

Now that I'm thinking about it ... it seems more fitting to be just Steve, or his full name, as he was referred to most often by those.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.