Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
NC
I've had iTunes Match since release (actually was in the beta), and one thing has bothered me since day one: for some strange and seemingly random reason, a very small minority of my albums show without artwork on any computer/iDevice other than my original "master" machine.

For example, heres a selection from that main iTunes:

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-02%20at%208.53.44%20PM.png

And heres from iTunes on another machine that is purely "matched," i.e. theres no local files whatsoever:

Screen%20Shot%202012-12-02%20at%208.56.57%20PM.png

Clearing the artwork on the master machine and re-adding does nothing, nor does removing the tracks from iTunes (and iTunes Match) and re-adding them; the artwork is still absent on every other instance of my library, be it iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC. Anyone else run into this and hopefully have some insight?

DanTesla1

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2011
One thing I've found to work is to delete the music file locally and from iCloud, turn off Match on your main Mac, re-add the music, download the AA, and then turn Match back on. This is the only way I've gotten my AA to upload to iCloud... it's a pain in the ass I know. They really need to fix this. I've found that the AA does not upload when you add a song and it matches BEFORE you dl the AA... which can happen if you're editing metadata (Artist, Album, etc.) and not paying attention to what Match is doing. I wish they had a web feature where you could see what's exactly matched and what isn't, that way you could see what AA is in iCloud and what's just on your local (main) machine.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, if the Matched song files are supposed to be exactly like the "purchased" files you would normally download if purchasing an album/song, why not match your music and then give you access to the album as if a purchaser? Like a coupon? That way, at least your metadata and AA would match iTunes. Also less of a hassle.

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 23, 2009
NC
One thing I've found to work is to delete the music file locally and from iCloud, turn off Match on your main Mac, re-add the music, download the AA, and then turn Match back on. This is the only way I've gotten my AA to upload to iCloud... it's a pain in the ass I know. They really need to fix this. I've found that the AA does not upload when you add a song and it matches BEFORE you dl the AA... which can happen if you're editing metadata (Artist, Album, etc.) and not paying attention to what Match is doing. I wish they had a web feature where you could see what's exactly matched and what isn't, that way you could see what AA is in iCloud and what's just on your local (main) machine.

Hope that helps.

EDIT: Now that I'm thinking about it, if the Matched song files are supposed to be exactly like the "purchased" files you would normally download if purchasing an album/song, why not match your music and then give you access to the album as if a purchaser? Like a coupon? That way, at least your metadata and AA would match iTunes. Also less of a hassle.

No joy here, tried it and still getting blank artwork for the track I tried it with. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.