Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:56 PM   #126
bretm
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgraff View Post
It means the spelling, as shown, was quoted from the source, and acknowledges that it is not spelled correctly - either intentionally or by accident. It is used to show that the incorrect spelling is not a mistake made by the person repeating the quote.
Spelling Is Correct? Just a guess.
bretm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:56 PM   #127
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mactendo View Post
Either this will be Kutcher's breakthrough role, either he will fail miserably as always.
Sounds like what folks said just before the announcement of the iPhone, iPad and Surface

Well two out of three isn't bad
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:59 PM   #128

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretm View Post
Spelling Is Correct? Just a guess.
sic is Latin for 'thus' or 'such'.
184550 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 09:59 PM   #129
iMarkDD
macrumors newbie

I hate to nitpick, but the woman that wrote this article for Vanity Fair should really learn the difference between a goatee and a beard. If you're gonna be a journalist, get your terms correct!

Last edited by iMarkDD; Dec 4, 2012 at 03:51 AM.
iMarkDD is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:00 PM   #130
SDAVE
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xano View Post
Who will be Steve Jobs on Sony movie?
Will Smith.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:01 PM   #131
JAT
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretm View Post
When you think about it, isn't just as, or more so, ridiculous to cheer on a sports team?
That's why I cheer for the officials.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:01 PM   #132
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusianSky View Post
Oh, it is made for TV. That's a real buzz kill. I've already seen Pirates From Silicon Valley.
They intended it to be made for TV but the only reason to go to Sundance is to try to get a distributor. Even if it only goes limited it would be a release.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:06 PM   #133
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova Sensei View Post
Bagging A.K seems to be a sport around here.
It seems to be a characteristic behavior of many hero worshippers. Nothings good enough for them. For the man they revere.

If something is written about an Apple product, they don't like, they trash the source. It's all about pointing the finger & blaming. It's about as immature as the mans temper tantrums when he unleashed his fury on employees that didn't keep him happy. Because of the near universal culture of worshipping money & power in the USA, he could get away with what would never be tolerated under slightly different circumstances.

If this movie is anything less than a blockbuster, the Apple faithful will place blame anywhere they feel like.

You can tell by the comments thus far, there's a lot of expectations & building discontentment over the choice of A.K.

It's just a small movie, there's nothing to get emotional about.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:14 PM   #134
AidenShaw
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhoofnail View Post
Ugh, I really wish I wasn't admitting this but he does bare a rather striking resemblance. Let's hope he's got the acting chops to really make us forget he's Ashton kutcher
"Bare"?

I didn't know that nudity was involved in the Lord Jobs biopic.

But, if we're going to have full frontal manflesh, Ashton's a winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDAVE View Post
Will Smith.
Super LOL - +10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post
It seems to be a characteristic behavior of many hero worshippers. Nothings good enough for them. For the man they revere.

If something is written about an Apple product, they don't like, they trash the source. It's all about pointing the finger & blaming. It's about as immature as the mans temper tantrums when he unleashed his fury on employees that didn't keep him happy. Because of the near universal culture of worshipping money & power in the USA, he could get away with what would never be tolerated under slightly different circumstances.

If this movie is anything less than a blockbuster, the Apple faithful will place blame anywhere they feel like.

You can tell by the comments thus far, there's a lot of expectations & building discontentment over the choice of A.K.

Can I give this a +100? Because you've nailed it with the word "worship".
AidenShaw is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:16 PM   #135
kurosov
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixodes View Post

No, I'm sure it's because he's a ****** actor
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:16 PM   #136
DisMyMac
macrumors 65816

I'd rather watch Pee-wee Herman find his lost bike for the n-thousandth time...
DisMyMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:18 PM   #137
longball11
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by uknowimright View Post
this movie will probably never be released on Blu-Ray
Sorry, but i don't care if you trying to be sarcastic or funny. But you and your 60+ "ups" are going to be very disappointed. You do know it's from Sony Pictures?

Beating a dead horse, but until you people can understand blu-ray is supreme picture. 4K is next.

And if its not released on Bluray, it's because the movie sucked and went straight to DVD and "rent" on iTunes.
longball11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:28 PM   #138
koa
macrumors regular

Wasn't Cate Blanchett available?
koa is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:30 PM   #139
trekkie604
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMarkDD View Post
I hate to nitpick, but the woman that wrote this article for Vanity Fair should really learn the difference between a goatee and a beard. If your gonna be a journalist, get your terms correct!
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:42 PM   #140
Patriot24
macrumors 68020

Reading the comments regarding Kutcher's casting made me think that I had somehow gone back in time and was reading comments regarding the casting of Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Lets wait for a few scenes to be released before we condemn his performance.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:55 PM   #141
gorskiegangsta
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikus View Post
Are you denying the fact that Steve Jobs hated consumers having options?
There's nothing to deny as that is a ridiculous claim. Consumer choice is what propelled Apple past all their competitors and helped them become a worldwide-recognized superbrand.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 10:58 PM   #142
Death-T
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to Death-T
lol. Wow, he kinda looks like 'im.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:00 PM   #143
gorskiegangsta
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot24 View Post
Reading the comments regarding Kutcher's casting made me think that I had somehow gone back in time and was reading comments regarding the casting of Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Lets wait for a few scenes to be released before we condemn his performance.
Except that Heath Ledger was already hailed for his acting abilities, unlike Kutcher. Not predicting a failure here, but it's just that Kutcher's previous acting "record" (of not having and/or delivering good performances in dramatic roles) works against him.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:10 PM   #144
duneriderltr450
macrumors 6502

Ashton is one of the best actors alive. His acting in the movie Dude Where's My Car? was truly inspirational.

/sarcasm
duneriderltr450 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:32 PM   #145
tdhurst
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to tdhurst Send a message via Yahoo to tdhurst Send a message via Skype™ to tdhurst
Wasn't Jobs a Buddhist?

Wasn't Steve Jobs a practicing Buddhist?

He's already been reincarnated. Enough with the rolling in his grave.
tdhurst is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:42 PM   #146
mdriftmeyer
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToomeyND View Post
Well, I wear the same costco black socks as Kutcher. I guess I have that going for me....
Those gold tips go back to the 60s/70s. I have dozens of pairs never worn from my deceased grandfather.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhurst View Post
Wasn't Steve Jobs a practicing Buddhist?

He's already been reincarnated. Enough with the rolling in his grave.
Zen Buddhist with touches of Taoism throughout his philosophies on life. Working around him we had the best offices at NeXT. Better than those at Apple which I'm glad to see his dream of designing Apple's campus come to be.
mdriftmeyer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 11:43 PM   #147
DogHouseDub
macrumors member

But will they reference the notoriously horrific Steve Jobs BO in the film?
DogHouseDub is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:04 AM   #148
Morod
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xano View Post
Who will be Steve Jobs on Sony movie?
Jack Black?

Either way, I think I'll be skipping this movie.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:11 AM   #149
Swordylove
macrumors 6502a

I first saw the pic and didn't read the title and thought it was Steve. Read the title and felt silly.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:11 AM   #150
iChrist
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatearray View Post
Sheesh, have a little respect wikus. Steve Jobs was an extraordinary man who built the most successful company the world has even seen. You could argue that he not only did this once, but twice! It's an amazing feat, and to label him as "psychotic" is disgraceful on your part, all he did was execute a product strategy for HIS company's products! What have you done?

And you know, many of us around here would label someone who posts endless negative comments in a forum designed for Apple enthusiasts as "psychotic".

He;s one of those guys that got lucky he was able to get through life with such a serious personality disorder. All sorts of crazy things happen in the world, this is just another example. Seriously, every time i see the bum who lives outside the office building i own, I think, that coulda been Jobs. Not to disrespect Jobs, he made me a LOT of money, just stating a fact.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion