Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
It means the spelling, as shown, was quoted from the source, and acknowledges that it is not spelled correctly - either intentionally or by accident. It is used to show that the incorrect spelling is not a mistake made by the person repeating the quote.

Spelling Is Correct? Just a guess.

iMarkDD

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2007
I hate to nitpick, but the woman that wrote this article for Vanity Fair should really learn the difference between a goatee and a beard. If you're gonna be a journalist, get your terms correct!

Last edited:

ixodes

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2012
Pacific Coast, USA
Bagging A.K seems to be a sport around here.

It seems to be a characteristic behavior of many hero worshippers. Nothings good enough for them. For the man they revere.

If something is written about an Apple product, they don't like, they trash the source. It's all about pointing the finger & blaming. It's about as immature as the mans temper tantrums when he unleashed his fury on employees that didn't keep him happy. Because of the near universal culture of worshipping money & power in the USA, he could get away with what would never be tolerated under slightly different circumstances.

If this movie is anything less than a blockbuster, the Apple faithful will place blame anywhere they feel like.

You can tell by the comments thus far, there's a lot of expectations & building discontentment over the choice of A.K.

It's just a small movie, there's nothing to get emotional about.

AidenShaw

macrumors P6
Feb 8, 2003
The Peninsula
Ugh, I really wish I wasn't admitting this but he does bare a rather striking resemblance. Let's hope he's got the acting chops to really make us forget he's Ashton kutcher

"Bare"?

I didn't know that nudity was involved in the Lord Jobs biopic.

But, if we're going to have full frontal manflesh, Ashton's a winner.

Will Smith.

Super LOL - +10.

It seems to be a characteristic behavior of many hero worshippers. Nothings good enough for them. For the man they revere.

If something is written about an Apple product, they don't like, they trash the source. It's all about pointing the finger & blaming. It's about as immature as the mans temper tantrums when he unleashed his fury on employees that didn't keep him happy. Because of the near universal culture of worshipping money & power in the USA, he could get away with what would never be tolerated under slightly different circumstances.

If this movie is anything less than a blockbuster, the Apple faithful will place blame anywhere they feel like.

You can tell by the comments thus far, there's a lot of expectations & building discontentment over the choice of A.K.

Can I give this a +100? Because you've nailed it with the word "worship".

kurosov

macrumors 6502a
Jan 3, 2009

No, I'm sure it's because he's a ****** actor

longball11

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2009
this movie will probably never be released on Blu-Ray

Sorry, but i don't care if you trying to be sarcastic or funny. But you and your 60+ "ups" are going to be very disappointed. You do know it's from Sony Pictures?

Beating a dead horse, but until you people can understand blu-ray is supreme picture. 4K is next.

And if its not released on Bluray, it's because the movie sucked and went straight to DVD and "rent" on iTunes.

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
Reading the comments regarding Kutcher's casting made me think that I had somehow gone back in time and was reading comments regarding the casting of Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Lets wait for a few scenes to be released before we condemn his performance.

gorskiegangsta

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Reading the comments regarding Kutcher's casting made me think that I had somehow gone back in time and was reading comments regarding the casting of Heath Ledger as The Joker in The Dark Knight.

Lets wait for a few scenes to be released before we condemn his performance.

Except that Heath Ledger was already hailed for his acting abilities, unlike Kutcher. Not predicting a failure here, but it's just that Kutcher's previous acting "record" (of not having and/or delivering good performances in dramatic roles) works against him.

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Wasn't Jobs a Buddhist?

Wasn't Steve Jobs a practicing Buddhist?

He's already been reincarnated. Enough with the rolling in his grave.

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest
Well, I wear the same costco black socks as Kutcher. I guess I have that going for me....

Those gold tips go back to the 60s/70s. I have dozens of pairs never worn from my deceased grandfather.

----------

Wasn't Steve Jobs a practicing Buddhist?

He's already been reincarnated. Enough with the rolling in his grave.

Zen Buddhist with touches of Taoism throughout his philosophies on life. Working around him we had the best offices at NeXT. Better than those at Apple which I'm glad to see his dream of designing Apple's campus come to be.

Swordylove

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2012
I first saw the pic and didn't read the title and thought it was Steve. Read the title and felt silly. :eek:

iChrist

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2011
3 countries for tax benefit
Sheesh, have a little respect wikus. Steve Jobs was an extraordinary man who built the most successful company the world has even seen. You could argue that he not only did this once, but twice! It's an amazing feat, and to label him as "psychotic" is disgraceful on your part, all he did was execute a product strategy for HIS company's products! What have you done?

And you know, many of us around here would label someone who posts endless negative comments in a forum designed for Apple enthusiasts as "psychotic".

He;s one of those guys that got lucky he was able to get through life with such a serious personality disorder. All sorts of crazy things happen in the world, this is just another example. Seriously, every time i see the bum who lives outside the office building i own, I think, that coulda been Jobs. Not to disrespect Jobs, he made me a LOT of money, just stating a fact.

:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.