Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djbobbless

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
Oh damn this kills me. I have the 3 piece, is there really no way to make it work.

The top and bottom will clear no problem.. It's the middle anti-glare one that is the issue. So what I did was take it off and put it back on the outer layer that came on the screen protector that you have to peel.. Then I tried to cut as straight as I could. You just have to trim a very light amount for it to clear.. Everything is great now! Case feels amazing.. but I doubt it'll handle a drop nicely. Might get a glass screen protector now to compensate that.

Binarymix

macrumors 65816
Nov 1, 2007
^ I second this. I had a Sticker boy skin on the back of my phone and the Caze lifted the corners. I also have a Bodyguardz Pure on the front and there is absolutely no lip around the screen with the glass SP installed.

The case looks very nice on the phone and is definitely the slimmest iPhone 5 bumper I've seen, but what's the point of a bumper when it offers no drop protection (at least if it lands on the screen) and does not allow you to keep a skin/screen protecter on the back of your phone? If you add the potential it has to scratch the aluminum sides due to its tight fit, the bottom line is that I can see this case causing more damage than it prevents. Might as well go naked...

My vote for best bumper case (that I've tried) goes to the Photive Hybrid; it's still thin (more so than the original Spigen Neo Hybrid EX), fits with a glass SP and back and side skins, and offers some drop protection/shock absorption. Plus, unlike the Monoprice and Elago Slimfit bumpers, which have the exact same design and dimensions as the Photive, the latter does not mess up the aesthetic with obnoxious logos plastered all over the place.
I have a spigen 3 pc. back protector, and there is enough clearance (not much though!) that it doesn't affect it at all, nor the front protector.

djbobbless

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012
I have a spigen 3 pc. back protector, and there is enough clearance (not much though!) that it doesn't affect it at all, nor the front protector.

More than likely depends on the clearance you have between the edge and the protector.. maybe it its aligned perfectly on both sides then you might have clearance like this lucky person. I did not unfortunately :( but.. Everything is great after I trimmed a little of it off.

barbosas

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
My tracking number says "is being processed for departure from Hong Kong as of 28-Nov-2012." grrr

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
JNGold, did you ask Caze about the wrong color? I'm in the same situation; they sent me black color although I ordered orange :confused:

Can you keep a secret? My silver just arrived 2 days ago. Not sure what happened but I am not complaining.

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
Received mine yesterday. Really nice looking case. They sent me 2 due to the long shipping/processing time after I complained.

However it will not go on my phone with side protectors, which is a bit of a deal breaker for me.

Loved the thinedge for the iPhone 4/4s as it would fit just fine with side protectors but for some reason mine are a very tight fit and won't even squeeze in with side protectors on.

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Received mine yesterday. Really nice looking case. They sent me 2 due to the long shipping/processing time after I complained.

However it will not go on my phone with side protectors, which is a bit of a deal breaker for me.

Loved the thinedge for the iPhone 4/4s as it would fit just fine with side protectors but for some reason mine are a very tight fit and won't even squeeze in with side protectors on.

To be honest, I wouldn't be paranoid about lack of side protectors. I have had my Caze on for weeks and there has been no signs of damage. If you're the type to throw your phone around with reckless abandon, then maybe the Caze is not for you. However, if you are relatively cautious with the phone, then there shouldn't be much to worry about.

djbobbless

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2012

What brand side protectors are you using? I am using lucky labs with no problems.

Firestrife

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2008
Miami
The top and bottom will clear no problem.. It's the middle anti-glare one that is the issue. So what I did was take it off and put it back on the outer layer that came on the screen protector that you have to peel.. Then I tried to cut as straight as I could. You just have to trim a very light amount for it to clear.. Everything is great now! Case feels amazing.. but I doubt it'll handle a drop nicely. Might get a glass screen protector now to compensate that.

alright since my spigen matte back shield is messed up in a very small area I decided that I should call in a warranty request. So I'm getting a replacement for it I'm gonna trim it but how much should I trim?

Pez555

macrumors 68020
Apr 18, 2010
What brand side protectors are you using? I am using lucky labs with no problems.

Yea lucky labs too.

Hmm strange. Mine won't wrap around fully and connect together, there is a few mm gap when I try to connect them together. Ill try again when I get home....

yellowsnowinfo

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
i have the spg 3 piece back and it won't clear. chances are you have to be super perfect otherwise there will be lift. i've realigned the sucker 4x or so thinking I nailed it and each time its a slight lift. I might cut it like someone suggests but yeah be weary. I also had on the bodyguardz side protector and it wont snap with all 3 side protectors on (top and 2 sides).

long story short. the sucker is a tight fit so side protectors won't work with it and more than likely a one piece back piece is ideal

Firestrife

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2008
Miami
i have the spg 3 piece back and it won't clear. chances are you have to be super perfect otherwise there will be lift. i've realigned the sucker 4x or so thinking I nailed it and each time its a slight lift. I might cut it like someone suggests but yeah be weary. I also had on the bodyguardz side protector and it wont snap with all 3 side protectors on (top and 2 sides).

long story short. the sucker is a tight fit so side protectors won't work with it and more than likely a one piece back piece is ideal

Is it just the matte part that won't clear like previously said or all of it?

JNGold

macrumors 6502a
Aug 25, 2009
Any pics of the silver installed? I have a Silver and a black on the way. Thanks!

Here it is in Silver.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354761093.983177.jpg

yellowsnowinfo

macrumors newbie
Oct 13, 2012
Is it just the matte part that won't clear like previously said or all of it?

the matte part. i just ended up cutting a little on the side. now it fits perfect without any lift. so if anybody has the sgp 3 piece back, then just remove it, trim off a little on one of the sides, clean it with warm soapy water, dry and reapply

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
JNGold, did you ask Caze about the wrong color? I'm in the same situation; they sent me black color although I ordered orange :confused:

Ditto. I ordered a pink one and an orange one and got 2 black ones after a month, one in the normal retail packaging with the 2 different-colored clips and one in a plastic bag with 1 clip. REALLY not pleased. I love the style, but it's gonna be friggin' February before I get what I actually ordered at this rate. I emailed them and they asked for a photo of the cases that I received; have yet to hear back from them after I sent the picture this morning (though due to the time difference, that's understandable).

smitzzz24

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2010
I placed an order with them a few days ago and tried to contact them but they are not responding to my emails (although it says they will within 5 to 12 hours). It says they ship out within 24 hours but my order is still processing 3 days later. I just want to cancel it at this point but can't reach anyone to do so!

Blueline29

macrumors 68020
Jun 16, 2009
Saint Augustine, FL
I placed an order with them a few days ago and tried to contact them but they are not responding to my emails (although it says they will within 5 to 12 hours). It says they ship out within 24 hours but my order is still processing 3 days later. I just want to cancel it at this point but can't reach anyone to do so!

Are you using the sales (at) iphonecaze (dot) com address? I've had great contact with them through that. It did take FOREVER to process the order, but once I contacted them to question that, they responded right away. Got an answer this morning to my complaint about receiving the wrong cases and she said she'd send them in 2 days. Hopefully it won't sit in the sort facility in Hong Kong for 10 days like the last order did. Sigh.

cyberpigg

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2012
I had a similar experience. I didn't receive any shipping info for a couple of days but got an email response with tracking info 1 day after contacting them for an update.

barbosas

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2012
Mine was posted on the next working day after payment but after that it took 7 days before the HK postal services dispatched it :\

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.