Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Dec 4, 2012, 04:54 AM   #1
zen
macrumors 65816

Sound delay when playback starts on Apple TV 3

I wirelessly stream a lot of TV episodes and movies from my iTunes library to my new Apple TV. All of what I stream is 720p m4v files.

There is no problem at all with playing the files over our wireless network, and there is never any buffering or stuttering or anything.

However, there is always a slight delay on the audio starting up when a file is played. The picture and sound are in synch, but the audio cuts in a little late. For example, when watching a TV episode that begins with a "Previously on..." voiceover, it will actually go "...isly on...".

I can fix it by immediately hitting pause and waiting for the file to preload a little bit, but it seems awkward.

Any ideas? It's the only flaw in an otherwise perfect system.
zen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 05:04 AM   #2
Macman45
macrumors G5

Not really, although you could try using a different channel on your router. I use the 5GHZ band and find it's better than 2.4, my bedroom ATV is wifi and works perfectly without any delay.

Wifi is via my Time Capsule, channel is 40, 5GHZ network. Not all routers support it though, so you'd need to check yours.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater