Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Dec 4, 2012, 09:11 AM   #1
deja-vu
macrumors newbie

Installing Win7 bootcamp on iMac?

Is it possible to install win7 with bootcamp on the new iMacs without an external cd drive?
If i have an win7 DVD could i in anyway rip it as an iso to an USB pen or is there another way of doing it?

Regards,
Martin
deja-vu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2012, 08:41 AM   #2
PaulKemp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by deja-vu View Post
Is it possible to install win7 with bootcamp on the new iMacs without an external cd drive?
If i have an win7 DVD could i in anyway rip it as an iso to an USB pen or is there another way of doing it?

Regards,
Martin
You are absolutely right! You'll have to make a bootable usb pen, then copy the content from the DVD yo have. Since your iMac is delivered without a DVD i'm guessing this is easy with the boot camp wizard.

1. Make USB bootbale (under windows that is)
http://www.intowindows.com/bootable-usb/

2. Then copy all the content (show hidden files as well)

3. Run boot camp wizard.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac