Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Swiss PAB
macrumors newbie

iPhoto" Photos disappeared

Hello. All my photos in a particular event appear as blank white with a yellow frame around them when I am in the thumbnail page when in iPhoto. However the photo comes up when I click on the photo, so I know the photo is still in my computer. How do I get the photos back into the thumbnail page?

This happened when I was adding titles to photos. I added a title to a photo, and then wanted to move this title to another photo in the same event. I highlighted the title, clicked on Edit Cut, and all the photos disappeared, but not the titles.

Hope someone can help as I have deleted the photos from my camera's memory card and hence I cannot reload them. Thank you.

Last edited by Swiss PAB; Dec 4, 2012 at 08:39 AM. Reason: Typos
Swiss PAB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 08:44 AM   #2
justperry
macrumors 603

Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss PAB View Post
Hello. All my photos in a particular event appear as blank white with a yellow frame around them when I am in the thumbnail page when in iPhoto. However the photo comes up when I click on the photo, so I know the photo is still in my computer. How do I get the photos back into the thumbnail page?

This happened when I was adding titles to photos. I added a title to a photo, and then wanted to move this title to another photo in the same event. I highlighted the title, clicked on Edit Cut, and all the photos disappeared, but not the titles.

Hope someone can help as I have deleted the photos from my camera's memory card and hence I cannot reload them. Thank you.
Your Photo files are here /User/your name/Pictures/iPhoto Library

Look if they are still there, if so there is a problem with iPhoto.
Have you restarted iPhoto, might solve the problem.
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:24 AM   #3
flynz4
macrumors 68040

It sounds like your thumbnails (previews) were compromised. In Aperture, I know you can easily recreate previews... but I do not see that option in iPhoto.

I would try the "revert to original" option on a photo and see if that fixes the problem. iPhoto>Photos>Revert to Original.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 10:26 AM   #4
Dave Braine
macrumors 68020

Try here: Rebuilding iPhoto:
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2638?v...S&locale=en_US

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store