Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Oct 13, 2012, 06:40 PM   #1
BurningWater
macrumors newbie

Get a case for your iPod Touch 5g

I dropped it on the bathroom floor just once and it now has a small scratch. It's certainly not very noticeable unless I point it out.. but it's still there

I'm going to get a case before I ruin it even more

The new iPod is like a bar of soap in my hands sometimes.. I can see why they added the loop.

Last edited by BurningWater; Oct 13, 2012 at 06:52 PM.
BurningWater is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:08 PM   #2
Atomike
macrumors member

Do these even exist yet? I was under the impression that Apple hadn't released anything to 3rd party vendors and thus cases won't be out for a while.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:11 PM   #3
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68030

Look on amazon
Look for Evecase for iPod touch its 1$ plus shipping.
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:18 PM   #4
BurningWater
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomike View Post
Do these even exist yet? I was under the impression that Apple hadn't released anything to 3rd party vendors and thus cases won't be out for a while.
I don't know if they exist but I'm certainly getting one the minute they come out.

The back of this device is so easy to scratch it's a bit depressing
BurningWater is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 07:55 PM   #5
ninaco
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningWater View Post
I dropped it on the bathroom floor just once and it now has a small scratch. It's certainly not very noticeable unless I point it out.. but it's still there

The new iPod is like a bar of soap in my hands sometimes.. I can see why they added the loop.
Sorry you got the scratch! At least it's not worse than that.

The 5g touch feels slippery. I've been using the loop. Without it I'm sure I would have dropped it by now.

I don't use a cover w/my iPods, but the touch will be an exception. I'm thinking a clear skin because I don't want to add thickness or cover the color.
ninaco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:31 PM   #6
gerbilbox
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomike View Post
You're probably thinking about the specs for the Lightning connector. A few weeks ago MacRumors posted the spec sheet with precise measurements of the new iPod touch for use by accessory makers, such as for cases. I saw a few iPod touch 5 cases, but the iPod isn't nearly as popular as the iPhone so they're not in the same rush to cases out. The moment Speck releases theirs I'm ordering!
gerbilbox is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 08:41 PM   #7
ninaco
macrumors regular

I went to decalgirl looking for a skin. They don't have them yet. In fact the 5g touch isn't mentioned on the site at all. The new iPhone is, of course. And, so are skins for the iPad mini.

I bet cases for the touch are going to be a low priority for some manufacturers & they're going to concentrate on the other two Apple devices which will probably bring in a lot more revenue.
ninaco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 10:40 PM   #8
Itouch g1
macrumors member

I just ordered a iPhone sleeve for the interim (a leather one from Spigen). Hoping it works well until the hybrid cases are available.
Itouch g1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 13, 2012, 11:56 PM   #9
Plutonius
macrumors 68040

Quote:

I got a skin for my Touch 3rd gen and it makes it very easy to hold (without the bulk of a case).

I plan on getting an IPT5 and getting a skin for it. Bestskinsever is starting to ship iPod Touch 5 skins on 10/23/12 (taking pre-orders now).
Plutonius is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 08:31 AM   #10
Techwriter
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmanbaseball2 View Post
Look on amazon
Look for Evecase for iPod touch its 1$ plus shipping.
Thank you! I've been looking for something like this to use after opening. I can always upgrade to a better case when choices are plentiful. Appreciate it.
Techwriter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2012, 12:24 PM   #11
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techwriter View Post
Thank you! I've been looking for something like this to use after opening. I can always upgrade to a better case when choices are plentiful. Appreciate it.
Your welcome
Old Oct 14, 2012, 10:36 PM   #12
aquaboi924
macrumors member

i definitely would if i could find one locally...searched all the stores in my area and all they have are those silicon soft cases which i don't like. sadly, amazon is not an option for me...looks like i'd have to wait for a few more days as the touch is already out in stores...
aquaboi924 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:38 AM   #13
k1lljoy
macrumors member

To me a case is mandatory and is purchased along with the device lol. No scratches on my preciousssss
k1lljoy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 08:57 AM   #14
cnev3
macrumors 6502

Cases are good, but in my opinion, and my experience, screen protectors are almost useless. They're good for deterring fingerprints and smudges, but I have used the iPod Touch since the day the first one was released, and I have never had a single significant scratch on the screen of any of them.
cnev3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 09:49 AM   #15
edlex
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnev3 View Post
Cases are good, but in my opinion, and my experience, screen protectors are almost useless. They're good for deterring fingerprints and smudges, but I have used the iPod Touch since the day the first one was released, and I have never had a single significant scratch on the screen of any of them.
I have to agree about screen protectors and how unnecessary they are. Especially with the new gorrila glass with the oleophobic coating it doesn't even smudge. I do need a case just to not let this little thing slip out of my hands along with protecting the aluminum from scratches. I feel so stupid but I have to use the lanyard to feel safe holding it.
edlex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2012, 12:19 PM   #16
Rad-o
macrumors member

The 5th gen does not scratch easily as 4th gen or the iPhone ! Check YouTube .. There are some scratch tests . And small scratches aren't noticeable .

To asnwer your question , go to eBay or amazon and search for the cases . There aren't many though .. :/[COLOR="#808080"]

----------
Rad-o is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 06:53 AM   #17
BeeJee
macrumors 6502

Quote:

You dropped your phone on the floor and the only damage was a small scratch that is only noticeable when pointed out, and now you think that the 5G NEEDS to be wrapped in an ugly case? Great logic. Some of you guys act like tiny scratches are the end of the world, honestly, how do you even enjoy the thing when all you do is stare at it.
BeeJee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 09:56 AM   #18
Ffosse
macrumors regular

My favourite case, (I've tried out half a dozen) along with my second favourite iems:

Ffosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:20 PM   #19
Thetonyk123
macrumors 68000

Quote:
The back of this device is so easy to scratch it's a bit depressing
I don't think you want to look at my 4th gen then....
Thetonyk123 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:01 AM   #20
RheesSnow
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to RheesSnow
I haven't got a case on mine and touch wood I've not dropped it or had anything happen which could cause it damage (that's not to say that I won't in future). The fact you dropped it and it's got a small, non-noticeable scratch on it shows that it's made from pretty sturdy stuff but still.

Used this website before for camera cases etc and they've got a range of iPod stuff on there (some still awaiting stock - could be the Christmas rush?!?) http://www.lovecases.co.uk/ipod/ipod...covers/5g.html some do look nice but I'm unsure if I want one but I like how it originally looks without hiding it behind a case.
RheesSnow is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch