Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:37 PM   #1
joejoejoe
macrumors 65816

Gmail 2.0 came and went?

Today I went to my app updates section where I saw a new gmail update, complete with new icon and everything (called version 2.0).

The description states things like multiple accounts, infinite scrolling, redesigned user interface, etc. As soon as I pushed the update button I got a message saying the app I am trying to download is no longer available, and furthermore no Gmail app at all came up when I tried a search in the app store (neither the new or old version).

I've attached some screen shots
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 1.PNG
Views:	35
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	381462   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.PNG
Views:	32
Size:	302.9 KB
ID:	381463  
joejoejoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:45 PM   #2
erthquake
macrumors member

Yep. Same here.
erthquake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:48 PM   #3
r2shyyou
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post
Today I went to my app updates section where I saw a new gmail update, complete with new icon and everything (called version 2.0).

The description states things like multiple accounts, infinite scrolling, redesigned user interface, etc. As soon as I pushed the update button I got a message saying the app I am trying to download is no longer available, and furthermore no Gmail app at all came up when I tried a search in the app store (neither the new or old version).

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthquake View Post
Yep. Same here.
I didn't have it installed so I didn't get the update but I was able to re-install it as v2.0 from the "Purchased" section of the App Store app.

Also, I, too, did not see it when searching, which is curious.

I recommend closing out of the App Store app completely and re-launching it to see if that works.
Old Dec 4, 2012, 12:56 PM   #4
erthquake
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by r2shyyou View Post
I didn't have it installed so I didn't get the update but I was able to re-install it as v2.0 from the "Purchased" section of the App Store app.

Also, I, too, did not see it when searching, which is curious.

I recommend closing out of the App Store app completely and re-launching it to see if that works.
Yep. I was able to update by going to the Purchased section as well. Playing with it now. Initial loading seems to be a tad faster. Liking it much better so far.
erthquake is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:00 PM   #5
GiantSteve
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by joejoejoe View Post

Deleting the app and installing it is the trick. It looks to be a huge improvement on the prior gmail version
GiantSteve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:02 PM   #6
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

I grabbed the update. I had recently deleted it from my phone because Mail suffices, or so it seems.
GoCubsGo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:07 PM   #7
joejoejoe
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by erthquake View Post
Yep. I was able to update by going to the Purchased section as well. Playing with it now. Initial loading seems to be a tad faster. Liking it much better so far.
this worked!

and the new app is fantastic. finally feels like a real app designed from the ground up, as opposed to the web app just ported to native form.

thanks!
joejoejoe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2012, 11:24 PM   #8
shurcooL
macrumors 6502a

Never mind.

Last edited by shurcooL; Dec 5, 2012 at 03:54 PM.
shurcooL is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps