Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Dec 1, 2012, 12:09 PM   #1
javiercastillos
macrumors newbie

iPod Touch exchange on Apple Store

I bought an Ipod Touch 4G last year and its broken and I want the 5G. Can Apple store exchange me that ipod, or give me a disccount to buy a new one? How ? Please tell me.
javiercastillos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:19 PM   #2
Jessica Lares
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by javiercastillos View Post
I bought an Ipod Touch 4G last year and its broken and I want the 5G. Can Apple store exchange me that ipod, or give me a disccount to buy a new one? How ? Please tell me.
No. If it still has AppleCare, and is not broken for accidental reasons, they can only give you that same model as a replacement.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:30 PM   #3
stiligFox
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by javiercastillos View Post
I'm pretty sure has a deal where they will give 100ish dollars for the old iPod to go to the new one. At least they used to...
Old Dec 4, 2012, 01:51 PM   #4
Mdwall
macrumors member

When I was there the other day on an unrelated issue I asked about a trade in type program and was told by the rep that they don't have a trade in program but they do a recycling program. Basically you get 10% off the new one which works out to about 30-40 bucks depending on the model. Not a great deal when considering you can sell it on your own or even sell it to Game Stop for considerably more.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod